Human IGF-II ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring insulin like growth factor II (IGFII, IGF-II) in human serum, plasma, CSF, saliva, liquor and urine. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.02 ng/ml.
Insulin like growth factor II (IGF II or IGF-II) is encoded by the IGF2 gene and is part of a cluster of genes which are located on chromosome 11 the short (p) arm that undergoes genomic imprinting. This protein has important roles during the growth and development period before birth, the IGF2 gene is found to be very active during the fetal development phase, however, it is much less active after birth.
IGF-II gene is wholly dependent on which parent it was inherited from, only the copy which is inherited from the father is active (often referred to as the paternally inherited copy). Whereas, the copy obtained from the mother is usually not active (known as the maternally inherited copy). This type of parent-specific difference for activation of a gene are due to a phenomenon which is called genomic imprinting.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiter Plate: Divided up in 12 strips with 8 wells separately breakable, coated with anti-human IGF-II antibody.
- Standards A-E: Concentration 0.45, 1.5, 3, 5.63, 9 ng/ml, made up from lyophilised recombinant.
- Sample Buffer.
- Control Serum 1 And Control Serum 2.
- Antibody Conjugate.
- Enzyme Conjugate: HRP conjugate to streptavidin.
- Washing Buffer (20x Concentrated).
- TMB Substrate.
- Stopping Solution.
- Sealing Tape: To cover microtiter plate.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of human insulin like growth factor II (IGF-II, IGFII) using current IGF-II ELISA kit was approximately 0.02 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.45 – 9.0 ng/ml.
– Calibration: Against the International Standard: WHO NINSC 96/538.
– Sensitivity: 0.02 ng/ml
– Intra Assay Variation: 7.06 – 7.22%
– Inter Assay Variation: 3.07 – 6.61%
- Insulin like growth factor II is a useful marker to detect hepatocellular carcinoma? Eur J Intern Med. (2012) 23 (6): e157-61. Morace C., et al.
- Genomic imprinting of insulin-like growth factor 2 (IGF-2) in chronic synovitis. Growth Horm IGF Res. (2007) 17 (6): 500-5. Möller B., et al.
- Insulin-like growth factor-II: its role in metabolic and endocrine disease. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). (2014) 80 (6): 773-81. Review. Livingstone C. and Borai A.
- The Relationship of Insulin-Like Growth Factor-2 to Fetal Growth and Adiposity. Horm Res Paediatr. (2016) 85 (2): 75-82. Review. Kadakia R. and Josefson J.
- Full Name: IGF-II ELISA Kit (Insulin Growth Factor II)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma, Saliva, Liquor, Urine
- Sensitivity: 0.02 ng/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields