Human IGFBP-1 ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring insulin like growth factor 1 (IGFBP1, IGFBP-1) in human serum, plasma, body fluids, tissue lysates and cell culture supernatant. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.02 ng/ml.
Insulin like growth factor binding protein 1 (IGFBP-1 or IBP-1) is also called by many other names which include placental protein-12, growth hormone independent binding protein, binding protein-25, 26 and 28, amniotic fluid binding protein(AFBP) and alpha-pregnancy-associated endometrial globulin. It is a low molecular weight protein that is synthesised by the liver, secretory endometrium or decidua.
IGFBP-1 has the ability to bind with high affinity to IGF 1 and IGF 2, binding of this protein can prolong the half-life as well as altering their interaction with cell surface receptors. It is described as a paracrine regulator for cell growth. IGF binding proteins are known to expressed at a number of different concentrations, in many cells and have vital roles in regulating the activity of IGF I and II. The gene is organized in four exons and spans 5.9 kb, it is a single copy gene that is located on chromosome 7.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiter Plate: Coated with anti-human IGFBP-1-antibody. Wells are separately breakable.
- Standards A-G: Lyophilized, concentrations are 0, 01, 0.5, 1, 2, 4, 8 ng/mL.
- Control Serum 1 And Control Serum 2: Lyophilised, human serum.
- Antibody Conjugate: biotinylated anti-hIGFBP-1 antibody.
- Enzyme Conjugate: HRP (Horseradish-Peroxidase)-labelled Streptavidin.
- Washing Buffer (20x Concentrated).
- Substrate: HRP substrate, stabilised tetramethylbencidine.
- Stopping Solution: 0.2 M sulphuric acid.
- Sealing Tape: Covering the microtiter plate.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of human insulin like growth factor 1 (IGFBP-1, IGFBP1) using current IGFBP-1 ELISA kit was approximately 0.02 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0 – 8 ng/ml.
– Insulin Like Growth Factor 1 (IGFBP-1, IGFBP1): ELISA
– Analytical Sensitivity: 0.02 ng/ml
– Linearity Of Dilution: 5.53 – 7.44%
– Cross Reactivity: Highly specific, does not cross react with recombinant IGFBP-2 or IFGBP-3.
– Intra Assay Variation: 5.23 – 7.36%
– Inter Assay Variation: 5.87 – 6.81%
- Insulin like growth factor binding protein 1: recent findings and new directions. Proc Soc Exp Biol Med. (1997) 216 (3): 319-57. Review. Lee P.D., et al.
- Organization of the gene encoding the insulin-like growth factor binding protein IBP-1. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. (1988) 157: 898-907. Brinkman, A., et al.
- Multifaceted roles for IGFBP-1 in human endometrium during implantation and pregnancy. Ann N Y Acad Sci. (1997) 828: 146-56. Review. Giudice LC.
- Regulation of IGFBP-1 in humans. Prog Growth Factor Res. (1995) 6 (2-4): 449-56. Review. Brismar K., Hilding A. and Lindgren B.
- Full Name: IGFBP-1 ELISA Kit (Insulin Growth Factor Binding Protein 1)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma, Cell Culture Supernatant, Body Fluids
- Sensitivity: 0.02 ng/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields