Human IGF-I ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring insulin like growth factor I (IGFI, IGF-I) in human serum and plasma. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.09 ng/ml.
Insulin like growth factor I (IGFI, IGF-I) has a molecular weight of 7649 daltons and is identical with Somatomedin C (Sm-C). One of its main function is to regulate growth hormone (GH) and nutrition, even though it is produced by specific tissues it can be affected by a multitude of peptide growth factors and tropic hormones. IGFs are known to avidly bind specific binding proteins which are called Insulin-like growth factor binding proteins (IGFBP), which is in contrast to many other peptide hormones.
This can cause a major problem when measuring IGF-I due to the ability of IGFBP being able to interfere with the assay. In the past various techniques have being applied in order to physically separate it from its binding protein before carry out the assay such as solid-phase extraction, size exclusion chromatography under acidic conditions and acid-ethanol extraction. These methods are time consuming, inconvenient or give incomplete and non-reproducible recoveries.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiter Plate: Coated with mouse anti IGF-I antigen. Wells are separately breakable.
- Standards A-E: Concentrations 2, 5, 15, 30, 50 ng/mL, made from lyophilized.
- Control Serum 1 And Control Serum 2.
- Antibody Conjugate: Goat biotinylated anti-hIGF-I antibody.
- Enzyme Conjugate: HRP-labelled Streptavidin.
- Sample Buffer.
- Washing Buffer (20x Concentrated).
- TMB Substrate (Tetramethylbencidine).
- Stopping Solution: 0.2 M sulphuric acid.
- Sealing Tape: To cover microtiter plate.
- Instructions For Use.
- Quality Certificate.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of human insulin like growth factor I (IGF-I, IGFI) using current IGF-I ELISA kit was approximately 0.09 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 2.0 – 50.0 ng/ml.
– Specificity: Highly specific and does not cross react with IGF-II, insulin, c-peptide.
– Intra Assay Variability: 5.08 – 6.65%
– Inter Assay Variability: 5.53 – 6.56%
– Recovery And Accuracy: 85 – 102%
- Human conditions of insulin like growth factor I (IGF-I) deficiency. J Transl Med. (2012) 10: 224. Review. Puche J.E. and Castilla-Cortázar I.
- Insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) and clinical nutrition. Clin Sci (Lond). (2013) 125 (6): 265-80. Review. Livingstone C.
- Autocrine production of IGF-I increases stem cell-mediated neuroprotection. Stem Cells. (2015) 33 (5): 1480-9. Lunn J.S., et al.
- Full Name: IGF-I ELISA Kit (Insulin Growth Factor I)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 0.09 ng/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields