Human IGFBP-3 ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring insulin like growth factor binding protein 3 (IGFBP3, IGFBP-3) in human serum, plasma (EDTA, heparin) and cell culture supernatant. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.1 ng/ml.
Insulin like growth factor binding protein 3 (IGFBP-3, IGFBP3) in encoded by the IGFBP3 gene which is located on chromosome 7. It is well documented to be the main IGF transport protein within the bloodstream, where it is able to carry stable complexes of growth factors that possess binding proteins (IGF-1, IGF-2 and acid-labile subunit [ALS]). It has been reported to contain intrinsic bioactivity which is independent of IGF binding.
IGFBP-3 is also clinically useful tool when evaluating GH deficiency or when predicting the response to GH treatment. There is growing evidence that the human IGFBP-3 levels are inversely related to the risk of several anti-proliferative agents and common cancers. For example it found to display anti-proliferative effects in undifferentiated or early differentiated but not in terminally differentiated chondrocytes. The human IGFBP-3 possesses both potentiating and growth-inhibitory effect on cells that are independent of IGF action and that can be mediated by specific IGFBP3 binding proteins/receptors located on cytosol, nuclear compartments, extracellular matrix and cell membrane.
IGFBP-3 ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiter Plate: Coated with anti-human IGFBP-3 antigen.
- Standards (A-E): Lyophilized, human IGFBP-3, concentrations 0.4, 2, 6, 15, 30 ng/ml.
- Control Serum 1 And Control Serum 2.
- Antibody HRP Conjugate: Contains a mixture of biotinylated anti-human IGFBP-3 antibody and HRP (Horseradish Peroxidase)-labelled Streptavidin.
- Sample Buffer.
- Dilution Buffer.
- Washing Buffer (20x Concentrated).
- TMB Substrate.
- Stopping Solution: 0.4 N acidic solution.
- Sealing Tape: To cover microtiter plate.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of insulin like growth factor binding protein 3 (IGFBP-3, IGFBP3) using current human IGFBP-3 ELISA kit was approximately 0.1 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0 – 30 ng/ml.
– Insulin Like Growth Factor 3 (IGFBP-3, IGFBP3): ELISA
– Analytical Sensitivity: 0.1 ng/ml
– Linearity: 5.55 – 6.54%
– Intra Assay Variation: 5.70 – 6.30%
– Inter Assay Variation: 3.96 – 4.51%
- IGFBP-3: a cell fate pivot in cancer and disease. Growth Horm IGF Res. (2014) 24 (5): 164-73. Review. Johnson M.A. and Firth S.M.
- Transferrin is an insulin like growth factor binding protein 3 binding protein. J. Clin. Endocr. Metab. (2001) 86: 1806-1813. Weinzimer, S. A., et al.
- Insulin-like growth factor binding-protein-3 (IGFBP-3). Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab. (2015) 29 (5): 701-11. Review. Ranke MB.
- Identification of STAT-1 as a molecular target of IGFBP-3 in the process of chondrogenesis. J. Biol. Chem. (2002) 277: 18860-18867. Spagnoli, A., et al.
- Novel promoter polymorphism in insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-3: correlation with serum levels and interaction with known regulators. J. Clin. Endocr. Metab. (2001) 86: 1274-1280. Deal, C., et al.
- Full Name: IGFBP-3 ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma (Heparin, EDTA), Cell Supernatant
- Sensitivity: 0.1 ng/ml