Human IGFBP-2 ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring insulin like growth factor binding protein 2 (IGFBP2, IGFBP-2) in human serum, plasma, CSF, saliva and other body fluids. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.2 ng/ml.
Insulin like growth factor binding protein 2 (IGFBP2) is an unglycosylated 31.3kDa polypetide protein which displays no circadian rhythm in circulation and it forms binary IGF-complexes. The concentration present in blood is age-dependent whereas in serum it is found to increase during fasting state, after trauma, after major surgery and in malignant diseases.
It is most intensive in malignant diseases where the correlation of the IGFBP-2 level to the degree of progression can be a striking feature in a number of different tumour types, as is the normalisation of serum levels after remission. During the GH-therapy, for example in GH abuse (doping) and in short stature the levels have been found to decrease. Also, in trisomy 18 the maternal serum is decreased and IGFBP-1 is increased. This allows the ratio IGFBP-2 /IGFBP-1 to be a good indicator/marker for chromosome abnormality.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiter Plate: Coated with anti-IGFBP-2 antibody.
- Standards A-E: Lyophilized, concentrations 2, 10, 20, 40, 80 ng/ml.
- Dilution Buffer.
- Control Serum (KS1) And Control Serum (KS2): Lyophilized. Contains human IGFBP-2 antibody.
- Washing Buffer (20x Concentrated).
- TMB Substrate.
- Stopping Solution.
- Sealing Tape: To cover microtiter plate.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of human insulin like growth factor binding protein 2 (IGFBP-2, IGFBP2) using current IGFBP-2 ELISA kit was approximately 0.02 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 2.0 – 80.0 ng/ml.
– Insulin Like Growth Factor 2 (IGFBP-2, IGFBP2): ELISA
– Analytical Sensitivity: 0.2 ng/ml
– Interference: None
– Recovery: 100 – 112%
– Intra Assay Variation: 137 – 956 ng/ml
– Inter Assay Variation: 311 – 698 ng/ml
– Linearity Of Dilution: 415 – 1055 ng/ml
– Specificity: Highly specific for human IGFBP-2, low cross reaction with cat, dog, goat, donkey and horse. No cross reaction with mouse, rat, guinea pig, rabbit, chicken, pig and sheep. Also, no cross reaction with IGFBP-1 or IGFBP-3.
- IGFBP-2: The dark horse in metabolism and cancer. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. (2015) 26 (3): 329-46. Review. Russo V.C., et al.
- Protein molecular forms of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-2 change with aging. Exp Gerontol. (2014) 58: 154-8. Sunderić M., Mihailović N. and Nedić O.
- Insulin like growth factor binding protein 2 as a novel biomarker for disease activity and renal pathology changes in lupus nephritis. Clin Exp Immunol. (2016) 184 (1): 11-8. Ding H., et al.
- IGFBP-2 directly stimulates osteoblast differentiation. J Bone Miner Res. (2014) 29 (11): 2427-38. Xi G., et al.
- Full Name: IGFBP-2 ELISA Kit (Insulin Growth Factor Binding Protein 2)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma, Saliva, CSF, Body Fluids
- Sensitivity: 0.2 ng/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields