Full Name: Hamster IFN-Gamma ELISA Kit (Interferon Gamma)
Sample Type: Serum, Biological Fluids, Plasma, Tissue Homogenates
Sensitivity: 9.375 pg/ml
Interferon gamma (IFN-gamma, IFN-g) is a 25 kDa glycosylated protein that is produced by NK cells, CD8 T cells and CD4 type 1 cells. One of the fundamental functions is that of a bidirectional acquisition and stimulation of highly specific phenotypes of macrophages and T cells. Stimulated macrophages can produce IL-12, this cytokine is essential in inducing the proliferation of Th1 and this is vital in supporting continuous production of IFNγ.
IFN-gamma induces a wide range of effects upon the CNS cells, examples of this include; the release of TNF-alpha, activation of macrophages, leukocyte adhesion enhancement and upregulating MHC expression. It also has fundamental role in the defence of host cells against any external viruses. It is a type II interferon and it is signalling via the IFNR. The production of this cytokine is restricted to specialised cells, but it can bind all cell types to carry out a response because the receptor is present in all cells.
The action of IFN-gamma can inhibit the expression of many genes. This inhibitory action can happen either at the transcriptional or even at the post translational stage. The mechanism of action for this inhibitory process are still not well understand and more investigation needs to be carried out in this field.
Hamster IFN-gamma ELISA kit is intended for measuring levels of interferon gamma (IFNG, IFNg, IFN-gamma, IFNγ) present is hamster serum, plasma, tissue homogenates and other biological samples.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti IFN gamma antibody.
- Standards: Lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
For the following hamster IFN-gamma ELISA kit it is recommended that a standard curve is generated for each assay carried out.
Standard Curve: 0, 15.625, 31.25, 62.5, 125, 250, 500, 1000 pg/ml.
Sensitivity: 9.375 pg/ml
Range: 15.625 – 1000 pg/ml
Application: Research Use Only.
– Specificity: Highly specific for IFN-gamma, no cross reactivity or interference between IFNγ and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (87 – 103%), EDTA Plasma (87 – 100%), Heparin Plasma (90 – 102%).
– Linearity: Serum (99 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (90 – 99%), Heparin Plasma (85 – 99%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Biological activity of hamster interferon-gamma is modulated by the carboxyl-terminal tail. Cytokine. (2006) 34 (5-6): 243-51. Zhao W., et al.
- Hamster IFN-γ+CD4+ and IL-4+CD4+ T cell responses against leptospires are significantly higher than those of mice. Asian Pac J Allergy Immunol. (2018) 36 (4): 265-272. Nakornpakdee Y., et al.
- Efficient constitutive production of human IFN-gamma in Chinese hamster ovary cells. DNA. (1986) 5 (3): 181-93. Mory Y., et al.
- Determination of interferon-gamma in Chinese hamster ovary cell culture supernatant by coupled-column liquid chromatography. J Sep Sci. (2005) 28 (16): 2104-10. Goh L.T. and Yap M.G.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields