Full Name: Hamster IL-10 ELISA Kit (Interleukin 10)
Sample Type: Tissue Homogenates, Plasma, Serum, Biological Fluids
Sensitivity: 3.75 pg/ml
Interleukin 10 (IL-10) is instrumental in the infection clearance process whilst also keeping the damage to the host to a minimum. It can inhibit many effector cells and various disease processes, there is an inverse correlation between the severity of disease and the levels of IL-10 present. It has anti-inflammatory properties and is crucial for immune control and tissue healing. It is not only produced by these cells themselves, but also by dendritic cells that have processed the antigen from the external environment. Once released into the body it travels to target tissues with a concentration of 10% or greater. IL-10 gene is regulated by STAT1 and these two proteins work together to modulate its expression in response to TGF beta and PGE2 signalling pathways.
IL-10 is produced by; monocytes, B cells, T lymphocytes, keratinocytes, melanoma cells and colon carcinoma. Many publications have indicated that it is synthesised at a much later time when compared to other immune-regulatory cytokines by monocytes and activated T cells. It is regarded as the most studied anti-inflammatory cytokine, it can serve as an antagonist for many pro-inflammatory effects of many cytokines where it functions to keep the inflammation process in-check.
Hamster IL-10 ELISA kit is ideal for measuring concentrations of interleukin 10 (IL-10, IL10A, CSIF, TGIF, IL10) using hamster serum, tissue homogenate, other biological fluids and plasma samples.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti- IL-10 antibody.
- Standards: Lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
For this hamster IL-10 ELISA kit it is recommended that a standard curve is generated for each assay carried out.
Standard Curve: 0, 6.25, 12.5, 25.0, 50, 100, 400 pg/ml.
Sensitivity: 3.75 pg/ml
Range: 6.25 – 400 pg/ml
Application: Research Use Only.
– Specificity: Highly specific for IL10, no cross reactivity or interference between IL10 and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (88 – 98%), EDTA Plasma (88 – 105%), Heparin Plasma (88 – 105%).
– Linearity: Serum (86 – 104%), EDTA Plasma (89 – 103%), Heparin Plasma (85 – 99%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- IL-10 Deficiency Protects Hamsters from Leptospira Infection. Infect Immun. (2022) 90 (2): e0058421. Xie X., et al.
- Interleukin 10 transfected into Chinese hamster ovary cells prevents tumor growth and macrophage infiltration. Cancer Res. (1993) 53 (18): 4134-7. Richter G., et al.
- Estimation of macrophage_IL-10 and NO secretion in the cytotoxicity against transplantable melanomas in relation to the progression of these tumours. Folia Morphol (Warsz). (2002) 61 (3): 127-31. Kozłowska K., et al.
- Status of IL-4 and IL-10 driven markers in experimental models of Visceral Leishmaniasis. Parasite Immunol. (2021) 43 (1): e12783. Moulik S., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields