Full Name: FGF-19 ELISA Kit (Fibroblast Growth Factor 19)
Sample Type: Plasma, Cell Culture Supernatant, Serum
Sensitivity: 31.2 pg/ml
Fibroblast growth factor 19 (FGF19, FGF-19) is found in the gut and it displays many pleiotropic effects. During time of feeding, it is released from the small intestine. The actions can be descried as being like that of insulin, for example, the inhibition of gluconeogenesis and the promotion of glucose uptake by adipocytes. Other roles include metabolism of hepatic protein and homeostasis of bile acid. FGF19 is made by the liver and released into the bloodstream. The A chain comprises residues 452-541 and the B chain comprises residues 542-640. The active site is at residue 552 between chains A and B, and the molecular weight is 15 kD. The gene that encodes FGF19 is located on chromosome 17 (17q24). It consists of three exons and has two alternative splicing variants with two alternatively-spliced transcripts.
FGF-19 can affect lipid levels by promoting cholesterol esterification. By stimulating a decrease in serum cholesterol levels, it downregulates LDL receptors and thereby prevents LDL oxidation. The enzyme lipase, which breaks down free fatty acids in the intestines, is rendered inactive by FGF-19. It stimulates the expression of the genes for long-chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase (Ldha) and carnitine acyltransferase 1 (Cat1). In addition to regulating lipid metabolism through its effect on cholesterol, FGF-19 also regulates lipid composition by suppressing the expression of lipases involved in lipid synthesis.
Human FGF-19 ELISA kit is intended for measuring concentrations of human fibroblast growth factor 19 (FGF-19, FGF19) present in samples of serum, cell culture supernatant or plasma.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtitre Strips (96 Wells): Coated with mouse monoclonal antibody against human FGF-19.
- 10x Wash Buffer.
- 5x Assay Buffer.
- 100x Detection Antibody Buffer: Labelled biotin polyclonal antibody.
- Standard: Lyohilized recombinant.
- 200x STP-HRP Solution.
- Substrate Solution.
- Stop Solution.
For the following FGF-19 ELISA kit it is recommended that a standard curve is generated for each assay carried out.
Standard Curve: 0, 31.2, 62.5, 125, 250, 500, 1000, 2000 pg/ml.
– Sensitivity: 31.2 pg/ml.
– Assay Range: 31.2 – 2000 pg/ml.
– Specificity: No interference or cross reaction observed.
– Intra-Assay Precision: 4.5% (CV).
– Inter-Assay Precision: 5.6% (CV).
– Other Names: Fibroblast growth factor 19, UNQ334/PRO533, FGF-19
- Fibroblast growth factor-19: development, analytical characterization and clinical evaluation of a new ELISA test. Scand J Clin Lab Invest. (2008) 68 (6): 501-7. Stejskal D., et al.
- A Current Understanding of Bile Acids in Chronic Liver Disease. Clin Exp Hepatol. (2022) 12 (1): 155-173. Farooqui N., et al.
- Association of FGF-19 and FGF-21 levels with primary sarcopenia. Geriatr Gerontol Int. (2021) 21 (10): 959-962. Bag Soytas R., et al.
- Impact of gut hormone FGF-19 on type-2 diabetes and mitochondrial recovery in a prospective study of obese diabetic women undergoing bariatric surgery. BMC Med. (2017) 15 (1): 34. Martinez de la Escalera L., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields