Full Name: GDF-15 ELISA Kit (Growth Differentiation Factor 15)
Sample Type: Cell Culture Supernatant, Plasma, Serum
Sensitivity: 7.8 pg/ml
Growth differentiation factor 15 has anti-inflammatory, anti-apoptotic and anti-hypertrophic properties. It is secreted by cardiomyocytes in response to many different types of stimuli that can include pro-inflammatory cytokines, oxidative stress, mechanical stretch and ATII ischemia. It is often described as a stress-responsive cytokine. It responds to metabolic changes and external toxins which can cause stress on the body. The hormone works to maintain a healthy body weight by controlling food intake and energy expenditure levels.
It has been shown that GDF-15 can be detected in human serum. and plasma. In the heart, GDF-15 prevents hypertrophy and reduce left ventricular dysfunction following ischemia/reperfusion injury. In the skeletal muscle, GDF-15 has anti-hypertrophic effects on achilles tendon and prevents lengthening of collagenous tendons such as those in the hand or knee joints.
GDF-15 is a three stranded antiparallel protein composed of an extracellular domain, a transmembrane domain and an intracellular domain. The extracellular domain is expressed as a precursor truncated protein composed of residues 1-405 with a molecular weight of 38.2 kDa when reduced on the carboxy end and 177.3 kDa when reduced on the amino end. The intracellular domain is composed of residues 406-566 and has a molecular weight of 65,943 Da.
GDF-15 cytokine displays elevated levels of expression during periods of tissue injury and inflammation. It is an inflammatory cytokine, amplified by proinflammatory mediators. It promotes multiple chemotactic and hematopoetic responses in the immune system. It is involved in bone formation, bone resorption and homeostasis of calcium during periods of stress. It belongs to family of proteins called transforming growth factor beta (TGFB).
Human GDF-15 ELISA kit is ideal for analysing concentration of human growth differentiation factor 15 (GDF-15, GDF15) present is samples of cell culture supernatant, plasma and serum.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtitre Strips (96 Wells): Coated with monoclonal antibody against GDF-15.
- 10x Wash Buffer.
- 5x Assay Buffer.
- 100x Detection Antibody Buffer: Labelled biotin polyclonal antibody.
- Standard: Lyohilized recombinant.
- 200x STP-HRP Solution.
- Substrate Solution.
- Stop Solution.
For the following GDF-15 ELISA kit it is recommended that a standard curve is generated for each assay carried out.
Standard Curve: 0, 7.8, 15.6, 31.2, 62.5, 125, 250, 500 pg/ml.
– Sensitivity: 7.8 pg/ml.
– Assay Range: 7.8 – 500 pg/ml.
– Specificity: No interference or cross reaction observed.
– Inter-Assay Precision: 10.0% (CV).
– Intra-Assay Precision: 10.0% (CV).
– Other Names: Growth Differentiation Factor 15, MIC-1, PLAB, PTGF-b, PL741, PDF.
- GDF-15 as a Target and Biomarker for Diabetes and Cardiovascular Diseases: A Translational Prospective. J Diabetes Res. (2015) 2015: 490842. Adela R. and Banerjee S.K.
- GDF-15: A biomarker-based prediction for bleeding-cardiovascular death. Eur J Intern Med. (2022) 96: 125. Liu W. and Bu H.
- Growth/differentiation factor-15: prostate cancer suppressor or promoter? Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis. (2012) 15 (4): 320-8. Vaňhara P., et al.
- The Role of GDF15 as a Myomitokine. Cells. (2021) 10 (11): 2990. Johann K., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields