Full Name: Galectin-3 ELISA Kit (GAL3)
Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
Sensitivity: 0.145 ng/ml
Galectin-3 (GAL3) belongs to the lectin family, these can include activation of mast cells, adhesion of neutrophils and monocyte chemoattraction. One of the major roles is the adhesion interactions between cell to matrix or cell to cell. During the course of a GALL mediated inflammatory process, it can be found in the cell membrane, cytosol and nucleus. GAL3 has intrinsic biological activities that are able to modulate inflammatory responses through its diverse functionalities. The functional activities include activation of cytokines such as TNF-alpha and IL-1beta, neovascularization, chemoattraction and adherence to monocytes at sites of inflammation thereby increasing their number.
Galectin-3 is a type I transmembrane protein, with all six of the typical membrane spanning domains. It is not highly glycosylated, and has a mass of approximately 34 kDa. The extracellular portion of this protein shows high homology with human chitotriosidase A that may serve as a signal for the binding to chromatin. It has been mapped to human chromosome 4, in proximity to the gene for galactose-1-phosphate uridyl transferase (GALT). GAL-3 displays high affinity for the galactosylated proteins of osteoblasts, cartilage and tendon. It can bind to the glycan chains on these proteins which leads to an increase in cell adhesion and a decrease in cell motility. It is thought that galectin-3 binds to the glycan chains on proteins which are attached to and required by the matrix.
Human galectin-3 ELISA kit can detect amounts of galectin-3 (GAL3) in human plasma or serum samples.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtitre Strips (96 Wells): Coated with mouse monoclonal antibody against galactin-3.
- 10x Wash Buffer.
- 5x Assay Buffer.
- 100x Detection Antibody Buffer: Labelled biotin polyclonal antibody.
- Standard: Recombinant lyophilized.
- 200x STP-HRP Solution.
- Substrate Solution.
- Stop Solution.
For the following galectin-3 ELISA kit it is recommended that a standard curve is generated for each assay carried out.
Standard Curve: 0, 0.625, 1.25, 2.5, 5.0, 10.0, 20.0, 40.0 ng/ml.
– Sensitivity: 0.145 ng/ml
– Assay Range: 0.625 – 40 ng/ml.
– Specificity: No interference or cross reaction observed with human FABP4, LCN2, Adiponectin and FGF-21
– Intra-Assay Precision: 4.5, 6.2 (CV%).
– Inter-Assay Precision: 5.5, 6.1 (CV%).
– Linearity: 89.2% (1:2 dilution), 88.6% (1:4 dilution), 90.5% (1:8 dilution).
– Other Names: Galectin-3, 35 kDa Lectin, GAL3, CBP35, LGALS3.
- Investigation of Gal-3 Expression Pattern in Serum and Cerebrospinal Fluid of Patients Suffering From Neurodegenerative Disorders. Front Neurosci. (2018) 12: 430. Ashraf G.M. and Baeesa S.S.
- Evaluation of serum galectin-3 levels at Alzheimer patients by stages: a preliminary report. Acta Neurol Belg. (2021) 121 (4): 949-954. Yazar T., et al.
- LAG-3 and GAL-3 in Endometrial Carcinoma: Emerging Candidates for Immunotherapy. Int J Gynecol Pathol. (2020) 39 (3): 203-212. Friedman L.A., et al.
- Galectin-3 inhibitors: a patent review (2008-present). Expert Opin Ther Pat. (2014) 24 (10): 1053-65. Blanchard H, et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields