Full Name: EMILIN-1 ELISA Kit (Elastin Microfibril Interface Located Protein 1)
Sample Type: Plasma, Tissue Homogenates, Serum, Biological Fluids
Sensitivity: 0.469 ng/ml
EMILIN-1, also known as Elastin Microfibril Interface Located Protein 1 is a glycoprotein, in the matrix (ECM) of dynamic tissues. Its primary function is to connect fibers to microfibrils within the ECM.
In humans the EMILIN-1 gene is located on chromosome 2p23.3 and encodes a preproprotein consisting of 993 amino acids. Once processed the mature protein becomes part of the ECM. It contains domains for cell adhesion enabling its attachment to components within the ECM. EMILIN-1 binds to microfibrils through integrin binding domains and interacts with tropoelastin through its C terminal portion.
EMILIN-1 exhibits expression levels in elastic tissues such as blood vessels, skin, lungs, etc. It promotes elastogenesis by facilitating the organized deposition of tropoelastin onto microfibrils leading to the formation of fibers. Moreover, it aids in transforming growth factor (TGF beta) signaling which regulates cell growth and synthesis of ECM components. Mutations in EMILIN-1 have been linked to disorders while dysregulation of this protein has associations, with lymphedema, hypertension, stroke, and arthritis.
Human EMILIN-1 ELISA kit can measure concentrations of elastin microfibril interface located protein 1 (EMILIN-1) present is plasma, serum, biological fluids or tissue homogenate samples.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti-EMILIN-1 antibody.
- Standards: Lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
For this EMILIN-1 ELISA kit, it is recommended that a standard curve is generated for each assay carried out.
Standard Curve: 0, 0.781, 1.562, 3.125, 6.25, 12.5, 25, 50 ng/ml.
Sensitivity: 0.469 ng/ml
Range: 0.781 – 50 ng/ml
Principle: Sandwich, Double Antibody
Application: Research Use Only.
– Specificity: Highly specific for EMILIN-1, no cross reactivity or interference between EMILIN-1 and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (88 – 95%), EDTA Plasma (85 – 105%), Heparin Plasma (88 – 105%).
– Linearity: Serum (87 – 98%), EDTA Plasma (88 – 96%), Heparin Plasma (87 – 99%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%
- Localization, fate and interactions of Emilin-1 in human skin. Int J Cosmet Sci. (2019) 41 (2): 183-193. Fitoussi R., et al.
- The EMILIN-protein family. Matrix Biol. 2000 Aug;19(4):289-301. Colombatti A., et al.
- Emilin, a component of elastic fibers preferentially located at the elastin-microfibrils interface. J Cell Biol. (1993) 121 (1): 201-12. Bressan G.M., et al.
- EMILIN-1-regulates the amount of oxytalan fiber formation in periodontal ligaments in vitro. Nakatomi Y., et al. Connect Tissue Res. (2011) 52 (1) :30-5. Bressan G.M., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields