Full Name: Elastin ELISA Kit (ELN)
Sample Type: Plasma, Tissue Homogenates, Serum, Biological Fluids
Sensitivity: 0.281 ng/ml
Elastin (ELN) is a protein found in the matrix, for providing elasticity and resilience to various tissues like the skin, lungs, and blood vessels. It is made up of durable fibers formed by crosslinked tropoelastin monomers. The proper arrangement and structure of fibers containing ELN are crucial for maintaining the function and architecture of tissues.
Elastin gene on chromosome 7q11.2 encodes ELN. Cells such as fibroblasts, smooth muscle cells and chondroblasts synthesize and secrete tropoelastin, which is the precursor of elastin. Lysyl oxidase enzymes play a role in crosslinking tropoelastin monomers to create elastic fibers. The expression of elastin and the formation of fibers reach their peak during fetal development and early postnatal development. These mature elastic fibers are lasting proteins that can endure stretching and recoiling throughout a person’s lifetime.
Elastin is abundant in tissues that require elasticity for functions including large arteries, lungs, skin, and ligaments. In arteries it allows for expansion and resilience to accommodate blood flow. In the lungs it contributes to airway structure and lung compliance during respiration. Deficiency in ELN leads to conditions like stenosis, emphysema, or loose skin. Mutations in the ELN-gene are associated with Williams syndrome characterized by tissue abnormalities, cardiovascular defects well as intellectual disability. Changes, in the expression and organization are also linked with diseases and aging.
Human elastin ELISA kit can measure concentrations of ELN (elastin) present is plasma, serum, biological fluids or tissue homogenate samples.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti-elastin antibody.
- Standards: Lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
For this elastin ELISA kit, it is recommended that a standard curve is generated for each assay carried out.
Standard Curve: 0, 0.469, 0.938, 1.875, 3.75, 7.5, 15, 30 ng/ml.
Sensitivity: 0.281 ng/ml
Range: 0.469 – 30 ng/ml
Principle: Sandwich, Double Antibody
Application: Research Use Only.
– Specificity: Highly specific for ELN, no cross reactivity or interference between ELN and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (85 – 104%), EDTA Plasma (88 – 105%), Heparin Plasma (91 – 104%).
– Linearity: Serum (87 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (87 – 101%), Heparin Plasma (84 – 100%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%
- Elastin-driven genetic diseases. Matrix Biol. (2018) 71-72: 144-160. Duque Lasio M.L. and Kozel B.A.
- Recent updates on the molecular network of elastic fiber formation. Essays Biochem. (2019) 63 (3): 365-376. Shin S.J. and Yanagisawa H.
- Human elastin-like polypeptides as a versatile platform for exploitation of ultrasensitive bilirubin detection by UnaG. Biotechnol Bioeng. (2020) 117 (2): 354-361. Bandiera A., et al.
- Polymorphisms in the human tropoelastin gene modify in vitro self-assembly and mechanical properties of elastin-like polypeptides. PLoS One. (2012) 7 (9): e46130. He D., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields