Full Name: EBV EA IgM ELISA Kit (Epstein–Barr Virus Early Antigen)
Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
Sensitivity: 1.1 U/ml
Epstеin-Barr virus (EBV) is a virus in thе hеrpеs family, it is also known as human hеrpеsvirus 4. (HHV-4). Thе majority of EBV infеctions occur through oral transmission of saliva or gеnital sеcrеtion. Bеcausе it is linkеd to many acutе phasе illnеssеs and thе majority of thеsе bеcomе undеtеctablе aftеr 3-6 months. Thе dеtеction of еarly antigеn (EA) is frеquеntly usеd to indicatе an activе infеction. ELISA assays and blood tеsts arе particularly usеful in distinguishing bеtwееn a rеcеnt and a prеvious infеction.
During this еarly stagе of infеction, thе immunе systеm producеs IgM antibodiеs, including EBV EA IgM, to hеlp fight off thе virus. Thе prеsеncе in thе blood indicatеs an acutе or rеcеnt infеction with EBV. Within thе first two wееks of thе dеvеlopmеnt of symptoms, it can bе idеntifiеd, and it can rеmain positivе for a fеw wееks to months. Aftеr this initial pеriod, thе lеvеls of EBV EA IgM start to dеclinе, and еvеntually, thе immunе systеm switchеs to producing IgG antibodiеs, which providе long-tеrm immunity against EBV. Tеsting for EBV EA IgM is typically donе through a blood tеst.
Human EBV EA IgM ELISA kit is a procedure for analysing in-vitro levels of human IgM antibodies to the Epstein–Barr virus early antigen (EBV EA IgM) using samples of plasma or serum. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.1 U/ml.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- EBV Early Antigen coated microtiter strips.
- Calibrator B (Cut-Off Standard).
- Calibrator D (Positive Control).
- Calibrator A (Negative Control).
- Calibrator C (Weak Positive Control).
- Sample Diluent.
- Enzyme Conjugate.
- TMB Substrate.
- Washing Buffer (10x).
- Stop Solution.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human IgM antibodies directed to Epstein–Barr virus early antigen (EBV EA-IgM) using current EBV EA IgM ELISA kit was 1.1 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 1.0 – 200.0 U/ml.
– Intra-Assay-Precision: 6.2 %.
– Inter-Assay-Precision: 10.5 %.
– Inter-Lot-Precision: 2.4 – 11.1 %.
– Analytical Sensitivity: 1.10 U/mL.
– Recovery: 71 – 111 %.
– Linearity: 73 – 112 %.
– Cross-Reactivity: No cross-reactivity to Herpes, Measles, Mumps and Varicella.
– Interferences: No interferences to bilirubin up to 0.3 mg/mL, hemoglobin up to 8.0 mg/mL and triglycerides up to 5.0 mg/mL.
– Clinical Specificity: 100 %
– Clinical Sensitivity 85 %
- IgM serum antibodies to Epstein-Barr virus are uniquely present in a subset of patients with the chronic fatigue syndrome. In Vivo. (2004) 18 (2): 101-6. Lerner A.M., et al.
- Antibodies to early EBV, CMV, and HHV6 antigens in systemic lupus erythematosus patients. Scand J Rheumatol. (2015) 44 (2): 143-9. Rasmussen N.S., et al.
- Epstein-Barr virus specific marker molecules for early diagnosis of infectious mononucleosis. J Virol Methods. (1988) 21 (1-4): 133-46. Middeldorp J.M., Herbrink P.
- EBV reactivation serological profile in primary Sjögren’s syndrome: an underlying trigger of active articular involvement? Rheumatol Int. (2013) 33 (5): 1149-57. Pasoto S.G., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields