Full Name: EBV VCA IgM ELISA Kit (Epstein–Barr Virus Viral-Capsid Antigen)
Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
Sensitivity: 0.86 U/ml
Epstein–Barr virus viral-capsid antigen (EBV-VCA) is a target for the anti-VCA antibodies and is important for the viral capsid of the Epstein–Barr virus (EBV). Anti-VCA antibodies have played a vital role in the diagnosis of infectious mononucleosis. An abnormal result is an indication of either a current or a past EBV infection.
The three antibodies which are useful in the test include viral capsid antigen (VCA) IgG, VCA IgM and the Epstein-Barr nuclear antigen (EBNA). The presence of VCA-IgG antibodies can indicate that an EBV infection has occurred recently or in the past. Whereas the presence of VCA-IgM antibodies along with the absence of EBNA indicate a recent occurrence of the infection.
The detection of antibodies to EBNA indicate an infection which occurred in the past (since EBNA develop 6-8 weeks after the time of infection). In cases with primary infections, the sensitivity of anti-VCA IgM and anti-VCA IgG have been estimated to be 100% reliable.
Human EBV VCA IgM ELISA kit is intended for analysing in-vitro amounts of human IgM antibodies to Epstein–Barr virus viral-capsid antigen (EBV VCA IgM) using samples of plasma or serum. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 0.86 U/ml.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Calibrator A (Negative Control).
- Calibrator B (Cut-Off Standard).
- Calibrator C (Weak Positive Control).
- Calibrator D (Positive Control).
- Sample Diluent.
- Enzyme Conjugate.
- TMB Substrate.
- Stop Solution.
- Washing Buffer (10x).
- EBV VCA coated microtiter strips.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human IgM directed against Epstein–Barr virus viral-capsid antigen (EBV VCA-IgM) using current EBV VCA IgM ELISA kit was 0.86 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 1.0 – 150.0 U/ml.
– Intra-Assay-Precision: 7.0 %
– Inter-Assay-Precision: 6.3 – 12.1 %
– Inter-Lot-Precision: 2.7 – 10.8 %
– Analytical Sensitivity: 0.86 U/mL
– Recovery: 113 – 119 %
– Linearity: 78 – 118 %
– Cross-Reactivity: No cross-reactivity to Mumps, Varicella and Measles.
– Interferences: No interferences to bilirubin up to 0.3 mg/mL, hemoglobin up to 8.0 mg/mL and triglycerides up to 5.0 mg/mL.
– Clinical Specificity: 100 %
– Clinical Sensitivity: 98 %
- Prevalence of primary versus reactivated Epstein-Barr virus infection in patients with VCA IgG-, VCA IgM- and EBNA-1-antibodies and suspected infectious mononucleosis. J Clin Virol. (2007) 38 (4): 292-7. Nystad T.W. and Myrmel H.
- Epstein-Barr virus serology in bone marrow transplantations: a one-year retrospective study with detection of EBV IgM-VCA-specific antibodies. J Med Virol. (1986) 18 (4): 349-60. Morinet F., et al.
- Evaluation of Epstein-Barr virus antibodies, anti-VCA avidity by immunofluorescence and immunoblot assays for assessment of Epstein-Barr virus immunologic state. J Virol Methods. (2009) 159 (2): 300-2. Sener A.G., et al.
- Evaluation of four commercial systems for the diagnosis of Epstein-Barr virus primary infections. Clin Vaccine Immunol. (2011) 18 (3): 444-8. de Ory F., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields