Dopamine ELISA kit is designed for analysing in vitro quantitative concentrations of hydroxytyramine (dopamine) in plasma and urine samples. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 1.9 ng/ml (plasma) and 2.5 ng/ml (urine).
Dopamine (hydroxytyramine) is a nitrogen containing organic compound which is produced as an intermediate compound from dihydroxyphenylalanine (dopa). As a neurotransmitter, it is involved in the regulation of motivation, drive and pleasure. The main source of production in humans are L-DOPA decarboxylase and aromatic amino acid decarboxylase enzymes, which produce dopamine from L-dopa and tyrosine, respectively. It is released from the presynaptic neurons into the gap junction. It signals from one neuron to another neuron through the small gap between two nerve cells, a process called exocytosis.
A vesicle containing dopamine is created in a terminal located of the presynaptic neuron by fusion with a specialized membrane-bound vesicle called an endosome. When stimulated by an electrical signal or when certain molecules bind to receptors on its surface, dopamine is released into the synapse and diffuses across it rapidly, binding to dopamine-receptors as it arrives at its receptor site.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Adhesive Foil.
- Wash Buffer Concentrate (50x).
- Enzyme Conjugate.
- Substrate (TMB).
- Stop Solution.
- Dopamine Antiserum.
- Adjustment Buffer.
- Standards (A-F): Concentrations 0, 10, 40, 150, 500, 2,000 ng/ml.
- Control 1.
- Control 2.
- Acylation Buffer.
- Acylation Reagent.
- Assay Buffer.
- Coenzyme: S-adenosyl-L-methionine.
- Enzyme (Lyophilized): Catechol-O-methyltransferase.
- Extraction Buffer.
- Extraction Plate (2x 48 well).
- Hydrochloric Acid.
- Dopamine Microtiter Strips: Antigen pre-coated microwell plate.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of hydroxytyramine (dopamine) using current dopamine ELISA kit was approximately 2.5 ng/ml (U) and 1.9 ng/ml (P). The dynamic range for this assay is 10 – 2,000 ng/ml.
– Analytical Sensitivity: LOD – 2.5 ng/ml (Urine), 49 pg/ml (Plasma) and LOQ – 4.8 ng/ml (Urine), 75 pg/ml (Plasma).
– Analytical Specificity (Cross Reactivity): Derivatized Dopamine (100%), Derivatized Noradrenaline (6.4%), 3-Methoxytyramine (0.49%), Tyramine (0.18%), Normetanephrine (0.01%), Derivatized Adrenaline (0.02%), Metanephrine (< 0.01%), 3-Methoxy-4-hydroxyphenylglycol (< 0.01%), Phenylalanine, Caffeinic acid, L-Dopa, Homovanillic acid, Tyrosine, 3-Methoxy-4-hydroxymandelic acid (< 0.01%).
– Intra Assay Precision: 9.4 – 19.7% (Urine) and 24.4 – 29.8% (Plasma).
– Inter Assay Precision: 11.0 – 23.7% (Urine) and 14.2 – 28.2% (Plasma).
– Linearity: 83 – 126% (Urine) and 85 – 132% (Plasma).
– Recovery: 101 – 124% (Urine) and 84 – 92% (Plasma).
- Safety out of control:dopamine and defence. Behav Brain Funct. (2016) 12 (1): 15. Review. Lloyd K. and Dayan P.
- The Role of Dopamine and Its Dysfunction as a Consequence of Oxidative Stress. Oxid Med Cell Longev. (2016) 2016: 9730467. Review. Juárez Olguín H., et al.
- Protective and toxic roles of dopamine in Parkinson’s disease. J Neurochem. (2014) 129 (6): 898-915. Review. Segura-Aguilar J., et al.
- Full Name: Dopamine ELISA Kit (Hydroxytyramine)
- Reactivity: Any Species
- Sample Type: Plasma, Urine
- Sensitivity: 1.9 ng/ml (P) and 2.5 ng/ml (U)
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
- Adrenaline (Epinephrine) ELISA Kit
- Noradrenaline (Norepinerphrine) ELISA Kit
- 5-Hydroxy-3-Indole Acetic Acid (5-HIAA) ELISA Kit
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields