CCL11 ELISA kit can be used for analysing in vitro quantitative levels of CCL11 (eotaxin) in human serum, tissue homogenates, plasma and other biological fluids and. This assay has a minimum detection limit of 9.375 pg/ml.
C-C motif chemokine 11 (CCL11) is also referred to as eosinophil chemotactic protein and eotaxin-1. It is expressed on Th2 lymphocytes, eosinophils and basophils, also considered as a popular selective ligand of the CC chemokine receptor 3 (CCR3). The gene is located on chromosome 17 and is encoded on three exons. The human eotaxin gene has been cloned and it displays approx. 61.8 and 63.2% similar amino acid sequence to guinea pig and mouse. Increased levels within the blood plasma have been associated with aging in mice and humans.
CCL11 is expressed constitutively at high levels in the colon and small intestine, the effects are found to be mediated through its binding to a G-protein-linked receptor that is known as a chemokine receptor. The chemokine receptors that can bind it include; CCR2, CCR3 and CCR5. It has a high degree selectivity for its receptor, to the extent that these are inactive on monocytes and neutrophils, both of which do not express CCR3.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti-human CCL11 antibody.
- Standards: Concentrations 0, 15.625, 31.25, 62.5, 125, 250, 500, 1000 pg/ml, made up from lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-Labelled mAntibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of CCL11 (eotaxin) using this CCL11 ELISA kit was approximately 9.375 pg/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 15.6 – 1,000 pg/ml.
– Specificity: Highly specific for CCL11, no cross reactivity or interference between CCL11 and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (89 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (86 – 105%), Heparin Plasma (89 – 105%).
– Linearity: Serum (90 – 100%), EDTA Plasma (82 – 98%), Heparin Plasma (82 – 99%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- From airway inflammation to inflammatory bowel disease: eotaxin-1, a key regulator of intestinal inflammation. Clin Immunol. (2014) 153 (1): 199-208. Review. Adar T., et al.
- CCL11 as a potential diagnostic marker for asthma? J Asthma. (2014) 51 (8): 847-54. Review. Wu D., et al.
- New chemokine targets for asthma therapy. Curr Allergy Asthma Rep. (2005) 5 (2): 155-60. Review. Garcia G., et al.
- Eotaxin: from an eosinophilic chemokine to a major regulator of allergic reactions. Immunol Today. (1999) 20 (11): 500-4. Review. Gutierrez-Ramos J.C., et al.
- Full Name: CCL11 ELISA Kit (Eotaxin)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Biological Fluids, Plasma, Tissue Homogenates, Serum
- Sensitivity: 9.375 pg/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields