Cardiotrophin-1 ELISA kit can be used for detecting in vitro quantitative levels of cardiotrophin-1 (CT-1) in human serum, plasma, biological fluids and tissue homogenates. This assay has a minimum detection limit of 9.375 pg/ml.
Cardiotrophin-1 (CT-1) is a cardiac hypertrophic factor that is 21.5 kDa in size. It is a member of the family of cytokines which includes; interleukin-6, ciliary neurotrophic factor, interleukin-11, oncostatin M and leukemia inhibitory factor. It is made up of 201 amino acids and it shares approx. 80% amino acid identity with the 203-amino acid that is also found in mouse. However, unlike the mouse protein, the human one contains 2 instead of 1 cys and also has no N-glycosylation site. Even though it lacks a signal sequence, both of them have the ability to induce cardiac myocyte hypertrophy in cell culture and also can bind to both mouse and human LIFR but not to OSMR.
Cardiotrophin-1 can exert many cellular effects by interacting with leukemia inhibitory factor receptor beta (LIFR)/glycoprotein 130 (gp130) heterodimer. Furthermore, a 1.7-kb transcript has also been identified at high concentrations in heart, skeletal muscle, ovary and prostate. Little or no expression is seen in the brain, peripheral blood leukocytes, spleen, colon and placenta. Strong expression was observed in fetal kidney and lung.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti-human CT-1 antibody.
- Standards: Concentrations 0, 15.625, 31.25, 62.5, 125, 250, 500, 1000 pg/ml, made up from lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-Labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of CT-1 (cardiotrophin-1) using current cardiotrophin-1 ELISA kit was approximately 9.375 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 15.625 – 1,000 pg/ml.
– Cardiotrophin-1 (CT-1): ELISA
– Specificity: Highly specific for CT-1, no cross reactivity or interference between CT-1 and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (87 – 102%), EDTA Plasma (85 – 103%), Heparin Plasma (85 – 100%).
– Linearity: Serum (87 – 103%), EDTA Plasma (85 – 100%), Heparin Plasma (81 – 90%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Cardiotrophin-1 (CT-1): a novel hypertrophic and cardioprotective agent. Int J Exp Pathol. (1999) 80 (4): 189-96. Review. Latchman D.S.
- Vascular effects of glycoprotein130 ligands–part II: biomarkers and therapeutic targets. Vascul Pharmacol. (2012) 57 (1): 29-40. Review. Demyanets S., et al.
- The Role of Leukemia Inhibitory Factor Receptor Signaling in Skeletal Muscle Growth, Injury and Disease. Adv Exp Med Biol. (2016) 900: 45-59. Review. Hunt L.C. and White J.
- Cardiotrophin-1: A multifaceted cytokine. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. (2015) 26 (5):523-32. Review. López-Yoldi M., et al.
- Full Name: Cardiotropin-1 ELISA Kit (CT-1)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Tissue Homogenates, Serum, Other Biological Fluids
- Sensitivity: 9.375 pg/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields