Human caspase 8 ELISA kit is intended for determining in vitro quantitative amounts of caspase-8 (CASP8) in human tissue homogenates, plasma, serum and many biological fluids. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 0.094 ng/ml.
Caspase 8 (CASP-8, CASP8) is able to induce Fas and other apoptotic stimuli in order to carry out programmed cell death. The process of apoptosis is induced via the tumor necrosis factor receptor 1 (TNFR1) and Fas/APO1 (CD95) receptor. This leads to the activation of CASP-8 which causes the release of the active fragments p10 and p18. This results in the activation of other downstream effector caspases (notably 1, 3, 6 and 7), it is caspase 3 which is responsible for eliciting the common morphological hallmarks of apoptosis such as cell shrinkage and DNA fragmentation.
There are evidence for many cancer therapies which are in development that involve using molecules that trigger the activation of Caspase-8 mediated apoptosis, especially in cancer cells. There are other therapies that use compounds which are able to disrupt cancer-specific mechanisms in order to inhibit caspase-8 mediated apoptosis.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti CASP8 antibody.
- Standards: Concentrations 0, 0.156, 0.312, 0.625, 1.25, 2.5, 5.0, 10 ng/ml, made up from lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-Labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
Minimum detection limits of a caspase-8 (CASP8) using this CASP8 ELISA kit was 0.094 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.156 – 10.0 ng/ml.
– Specificity: Highly specific for CASP8, no cross reactivity or interference between CASP8 and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (86 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (86 – 105%), Heparin Plasma (90 – 102%).
– Linearity: Serum (86 – 95%), EDTA Plasma (89 – 101%), Heparin Plasma (81 – 93%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Evolutionary analyses of caspase-8 and its paralogs: Deep origins of the apoptotic signaling pathways. Bioessays. (2015) 37 (7): 767-76. Review. Sakamaki K., et al.
- Old, new and emerging functions of caspases. Cell Death Differ. (2015) 22 (4): 526-39. Review. Shalini S., et al.
- Caspase-8 in apoptosis: the beginning of “the end”? IUBMB Life. (2000) 50 (2): 85-90. Review. Kruidering M. and Evan G.I.
- Caspases Connect Cell-Death Signaling to Organismal Homeostasis. Immunity. (2016) 44 (2): 221-31. Review. Galluzzi L., et al.
- Full Name: Caspase 8 ELISA Kit (CASP8)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Tissue Homogenates, Plasma, Other Biological Fluids
- Sensitivity: 0.094 ng/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields