Human caspase 6 ELISA kit is designed for detecting in vitro quantitative concentrations of caspase-6 (CASP6) in human tissue homogenates, serum, other biological fluids and plasma. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 18.75 pg/ml.
Caspase 6 (CASP6 or Mch2) is one of the main executioner caspases that is important for the cellular apoptotic process. This is processed by caspases-7, -8 and -10, where it is thought to function predominately as a downstream enzyme of the caspase cascade. There is evidence that caspase 6 is able to undergo self-processing without the requirement of other caspase family member. Caspase 3 and 6 are the main active caspases found in apoptotic cells and both of these are activated as a result of different apoptosis inducing stimuli.
Caspase 6 has the ability to cleave nuclear mitotic apparatus protein and mediate the fragmentation or shrinkage of the nuclei. Essentially it can interact with caspase 8, one of its main target includes the membrane associated protein lamin A and also the cleavage of this protein is found to result in cell membrane bleebing, malfunction and leading to eventual cell death.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti CASP6 antibody.
- Standards: Concentrations 0, 62.5, 125, 250, 500, 1000, 2000 pg/ml, made up from lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-Labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
Minimum detection limits of a caspase-6 (CASP6) using this CASP6 ELISA kit was 18.75 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 31.25 – 2000.0 pg/ml.
– Specificity: Highly specific for CASP6, no cross reactivity or interference between CASP6 and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (96 – 103%), EDTA Plasma (85 – 104%), Heparin Plasma (85 – 102%).
– Linearity: Serum (89 – 103%), EDTA Plasma (91 – 99%), Heparin Plasma (80 – 99%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Activation and regulation of caspase-6 and its role in neurodegenerative diseases. Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol. (2015) 55: 553-72. Wang X.J., et al.
- Modulating caspase activity: beyond the active site. Curr Opin Struct Biol. (2013) 23 (6): 812-9. Review. Murray J. and Renslo A.R.
- Vasculogenic mimicry: Possible role of effector caspase-3, caspase-6 and caspase-7. Ann Anat. (2016) 204: 114-7. Review. Linder M. and Tschernig T.
- The role of apoptotic pathways in Alzheimer’s disease neurodegeneration and cell death. Curr Alzheimer Res. (2005) 2 (4): 389-402. Review. LeBlanc A.C.
- Full Name: Caspase 6 ELISA Kit (CASP6)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Tissue Homogenates, Plasma, Other Biological Fluidstes
- Sensitivity: 18.75 pg/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields