Human caspase 6 ELISA kit is designed for detecting in vitro quantitative concentrations of caspase-6 (CASP6) in human tissue homogenates, serum, other biological fluids and plasma. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 18.75 pg/ml.
Caspase 6 (CASP6 or Mch2) is one of the main executioner caspases that is important for the cellular apoptotic process. This protein is found to be processed by caspases-7, -8 and -10, where it is thought to function predominately as a downstream enzyme of the caspase cascade. There is evidence that caspase 6 is able to undergo self-processing without the requirement of other caspase family member.
Caspase 3 and 6 are the main active caspases found in apoptotic cells and both of these are activated as a result of different apoptosis inducing stimuli. Also, caspase 6 has the ability to cleave nuclear mitotic apparatus protein and mediate the fragmentation or shrinkage of the nuclei. Essentially caspase 6 can interact with caspase 8, one of its main target includes the membrane associated protein lamin A and also the cleavage of this protein is found to result in cell membrane bleebing, malfunction and leading to eventual cell death.
CASPASE 6 ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti CASP6 antibody.
- Standards: Concentrations 0, 62.5, 125, 250, 500, 1000, 2000 pg/ml, made up from lyophilized recombinant human CASP6.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled CASP6 Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
Minimum detection limits of a caspase-6 (CASP6) using this human caspase 6 ELISA kit was 18.75 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 31.25 – 2000.0 pg/ml.
– Caspase-6 (CASP6): ELISA
– Specificity: Highly specific for CASP6, no cross reactivity or interference between CASP6 and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (96 – 103%), EDTA Plasma (85 – 104%), Heparin Plasma (85 – 102%).
– Linearity: Serum (89 – 103%), EDTA Plasma (91 – 99%), Heparin Plasma (80 – 99%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Activation and regulation of caspase-6 and its role in neurodegenerative diseases. Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol. (2015) 55: 553-72. Wang X.J., et al.
- Modulating caspase activity: beyond the active site. Curr Opin Struct Biol. (2013) 23 (6): 812-9. Review. Murray J. and Renslo A.R.
- Caspase-6 as a novel early target in the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease. Eur J Neurosci. (2013) 37 (12): 2005-18. Review. LeBlanc A.C.
- Vasculogenic mimicry: Possible role of effector caspase-3, caspase-6 and caspase-7. Ann Anat. (2016) 204: 114-7. Review. Linder M. and Tschernig T.
- The role of apoptotic pathways in Alzheimer’s disease neurodegeneration and cell death. Curr Alzheimer Res. (2005) 2 (4): 389-402. Review. LeBlanc A.C.
- Full Name: Caspase 6 (CASP6) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Tissue Homogenates, Plasma, Other Biological Fluidstes
- Sensitivity: 18.75 pg/ml