Human caspase 2 ELISA kit can be used for detecting in vitro quantitative levels of caspase-2 (CASP2) in human serum, plasma, tissue homogenates and other biological fluids. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 46.975 pg/ml.
Caspase 2 (CASP2, CASP-2) is an enzyme which is a class I caspases, known to contain a long pro-domain in order for nuclear localisation and is produced as a zymogen. It belongs to the cysteine family of proteases which has the ability to cleave proteins at the amino acid which proceeds an aspartic acid residue. In nearly all mammals CASP2 orthologs have been discovered for which the full genome data is available. There are unique orthologs which can be present in; lizards, teleosts, birds and lissamphibians.
The sequential activation of caspases is important in the execution-phase of cell apoptosis. Caspase 2 exists in an inactive caspase pro-enzyme from which needs to undergo a proteolytic process that can be located to the conserved aspartic residues. This event leads to the generation of two subunits; a large (p19) and small (p12), both of these are able to dimerise in order to form the active enzyme.
It is essentially a nuclear apoptotic respondent to mitotic catastrophe or cellular genotoxic stress. The activation occurs following the recruitment to a complex containing a p53-induced death domain protein (PIDD). Overall, it appears that it is a very versatile caspase that has multiple functions beyond cell death induction.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti CASP2 antibody.
- Standards: Concentrations 0, 78.125, 156.25, 312.5, 625, 1250, 5000.0 pg/ml, made up from lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-Labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of a caspase-2 (CASP2) using this CASP2 ELISA kit was 46.875 ng/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 78.125 – 5000.0 pg/ml.
– Specificity: Highly specific for CASP2, no cross reactivity or interference between CASP2 and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (89 – 103%), EDTA Plasma (88 – 102%), Heparin Plasma (88 – 102%).
– Linearity: Serum (93 – 104%), EDTA Plasma (85 – 101%), Heparin Plasma (82 – 98%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- The role of caspase-2 in stress-induced apoptosis. J Cell Mol Med. (2010) 14 (6A): 1212-24. Review. Bouchier-Hayes L.
- Properties of the caspases. Biochim Biophys Acta. (1998) 1387 (1-2): 17-31. Review. Stennicke H.R. and Salvesen G.S.
- Cell death by mitotic catastrophe: a molecular definition. Oncogene. (2004) 23 (16): 2825-37. Review. Castedo M., et al.
- Caspase 2 in apoptosis, the DNA damage response and tumour suppression: enigma no more? Nat Rev Cancer. (2009) 9 (12): 897-903. Review. Kumar S.
- P53-induced protein with a death domain (PIDD): master of puppets? Oncogene. (2012) 31 (45): 4733-9. Review. Bock F.J., et al.
- Full Name: Caspase 2 ELISA Kit (CASP2)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Tissue Homogenates, Serum, Plasma, Biological Fluids
- Sensitivity: 46.875 ng/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields