Human cadherin-17 ELISA kit can be used for determining in vitro quantitative amounts of cadherin-17 (CDH-17, liver-intestine cadherin, CDH17) in human cell culture supernatant, plasma, serum, other biological fluids and cell lysates. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 0.054 ng/ml.
Cadherin-17 (CDH17, liver-intestine cadherin, human peptide transporter-1, CDH-17) is a transmembrane glycoprotein that contains seven extracellular cadherin repeats and a cytoplasmic domain which is 23 amino acids. It belongs to the seven domain (7D) cadherin subfamily and it displays low sequence similarity to the other classical cadherin superfamily members. It also has a markedly shorter cytoplasmic domain (approx. 20 amino acids) and its adhesive functions are not dependent on the association with other cytoplasmic proteins.
The tissue distribution of cadherin-17 can differ from species to species and the limited distribution in normal tissues indicates a possible role as marker in identifying primary sites of tumors. The liver-intestine cadherin protein is a component of the pancreatic ducts and gastrointestinal tract where it is found to function as an intestinal proton-dependent peptide transporter. There are also evidence that it may be crucial in the morphological organization of intestine and liver.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of CDH-17 (cadherin-17, liver-intestine cadherin, CDH17) using current CDH-17 ELISA kit was 0.054 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 1.56 – 10 ng/ml.
- Association between cadherin-17 expression and pathological characteristics of gastric cancer: a meta-analysis. World J Gastroenterol. (2015) 21 (12): 3694-705. Review. Long Z.W., et al.
- Coupling CDH17 and CLDN18 markers for comprehensive membrane-targeted detection of human gastric cancer. Oncotarget. (2016) 7 (39): 64168-64181. Matsusaka K., et al.
- Expression of cadherin 17 in well-differentiated neuroendocrine tumours. Histopathology. (2015) 66 (7): 1010-21. Snow A.N., et al.
- Full Name: Cadherin-17 ELISA Kit (CDH-17)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Cell Lysates, Serum, Other Biological Fluids, Cell Culture Supernatant
- Sensitivity: 0.056 ng/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields