Human cadherin-16 ELISA kit is a protocol that is designed for measuring in vitro quantitative concentrations of cadherin-16 (CDH-16, KSP-cadherin, kidney-specific cadherin, CDH16) in human serum, cell lysates, cell culture supernatant, plasma and many other biological fluids. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 0.038 ng/ml.
Cadherin-16 (CDH16, kidney-specific cadherin, KSP-cadherin, CDH-16) is a gene which localizes with the following cadherin family members CDH1, CDH3, CDH5, CDH8 and CDH11 on chromosome 16q22. It is a calcium-dependent, membrane-associated glycoprotein which is expressed in the kidney and as major role in mediating homotypic cellular recognition.
The protein consists of a truncated cytoplasmic domain, a transmembrane region and 6 cadherin domains, however, it does lack the tripeptide HAV adhesion recognition sequence and the pro-sequence that is found in majority of cadherins. There have also been alternatively spliced transcript variants that encode distinct isoforms that have been identified.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of kidney-specific cadherin (CDH16, cadherin-16, CDH-16, KSP-cadherin) using current human cadherin-16 ELISA kit was 0.038 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 1.156 – 10 ng/ml.
- Following the expression of a kidney-specific gene from early development to adulthood. Nephron Exp Nephrol. (2003) 94 (1): e1-6. Review. Igarashi P.
- Cadherins in renal cell carcinoma. Anticancer Res. (1999) 19 (2C): 1501-4. Review. Heicappell R.
- Leukemia inhibitory factor induces multi-lineage differentiation of adult stem-like cells in kidney via kidney-specific cadherin 16. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. (2005) 328 (1): 288-91. Hishikawa K, et al.
- Expression of Ksp-cadherin during kidney development and in renal cell carcinoma. Br J Cancer. (2005) 92 (11): 2010-7. Thedieck C., et al.
- Full Name: Cadherin-16 (CDH16) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum, Cell Culture Supernatant, Other Biological Fluids, Cell Lysates
- Sensitivity: 0.038 ng/ml