Human cadherin-11 ELISA kit is designed for determining in vitro quantitative amounts of cadherin-11 (CAD-11, CDH11) in human plasma, serum, other biological fluids and tissue homogenates. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 0.094 ng/ml.
Cadherin-11 (CDH11 or CAD11) is a type II classical cadherin which is an integral membrane protein that is responsible for mediating calcium dependent cell-cell adhesion. It is composed of a single membrane-spanning domain, a highly conserved cytoplasmic c-terminal and an N-terminal extracellular domain. It is expressed in a number of normal tissues that are mesodermal in origin such as osteoblasts, brain or kidney and in many tumors of the kidney, stomach, breast, colon and bone.
There is also evidence that it may be differentially expressed in the embryonic brain or could be vital in the regulation of neural development. The expression of cadherin-11 in osteoblastic cell lines and its ability to upregulate during differentiation has led to the indication of a specific function in bone maintenance and development.
The human CDH-11 contains a unique mRNA splice site which can allow the formation of two forms of the protein (a full-length 796 amino acid protein and a COOH terminus-truncated variant of 693 amino acid protein). The full-length human and mouse cadherin-11 are known to share approx. 97% amino acid homology and the truncated variant have a unique cytoplasmic region which is the result of a frameshift event. The mammalian CDH-11 homologues are usually referred to as calsyntenin. CDH11 has been found to interact with CDH2, it is known to be overexpressed in more 15% of breast cancers and also essential for tumor progression in many other cancer types.
CADHERIN-11 ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti CDH11 antibody.
- Standards: Concentrations 0, 0.156, 0.312, 0.625, 1.25, 2.5, 5.0, 10.0 ng/ml, made up from lyophilized recombinant human cadherin-11.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled CDH11 Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of CDH-11 (cadherin-11, CAD11) using current human cadherin-11 ELISA kit was 0.094 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.156 – 10 ng/ml.
– Cadherin-11 (CDH11): ELISA
– Specificity: Highly specific for CDH11, no cross reactivity or interference between CDH11 and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (88 – 99%), EDTA Plasma (85 – 105%), Heparin Plasma (87 – 105%).
– Linearity: Serum (91 – 103%), EDTA Plasma (84 – 99%), Heparin Plasma (80 – 99%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Type 2 cadherins in the human endometrium and placenta: their putative roles in human implantation and placentation. Am J Reprod Immunol. (1998) 39 (2): 96-107. Review. MacCalman C.D., et al.
- CDH2 and CDH11 act as regulators of stem cell fate decisions. Stem Cell Res. (2015) 14 (3): 270-82. Review. Alimperti S. and Andreadis S.T.
- Role of cadherin-11 in synovial joint formation and rheumatoid arthritis pathology. Mod Rheumatol. (2013) 23 (6): 1037-44. Review. Dou C., et al.
- Full Name: Cadherin-11 (CDH11) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Tissue Homogenates, Plasma, Other Biological Fluids
- Sensitivity: 0.094 ng/ml