Human cadherin-11 ELISA kit is designed for determining in vitro quantitative amounts of cadherin-11 (CAD-11, CDH11) in human plasma, serum, other biological fluids and tissue homogenates. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 0.094 ng/ml.
Cadherin-11 (CDH11 or CAD11) is a type II classical cadherin which is an integral membrane protein that is responsible for mediating calcium dependent cell-cell adhesion. It is expressed in a number of normal tissues that are mesodermal in origin such as osteoblasts, brain or kidney and in many tumors of the kidney, stomach, breast, colon and bone.
The expression of cadherin-11 in osteoblastic cell lines and its ability to upregulate during differentiation has led to the indication of a specific function in bone maintenance and development. The human form contains a unique mRNA splice site which can allow the formation of two forms of the protein (a full-length 796 amino acid protein and a COOH terminus-truncated variant of 693 amino acid protein). The full-length human and mouse are known to share approx. 97% amino acid homology and the truncated variant have a unique cytoplasmic region which is the result of a frameshift event.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti CDH11 antibody.
- Standards: Concentrations 0, 0.156, 0.312, 0.625, 1.25, 2.5, 5.0, 10.0 ng/ml, made up from lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-Labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of CDH-11 (cadherin-11, CAD11) using current CDH-11 ELISA kit was 0.094 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.156 – 10 ng/ml.
– Specificity: Highly specific for CDH11, no cross reactivity or interference between CDH11 and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (88 – 99%), EDTA Plasma (85 – 105%), Heparin Plasma (87 – 105%).
– Linearity: Serum (91 – 103%), EDTA Plasma (84 – 99%), Heparin Plasma (80 – 99%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Type 2 cadherins in the human endometrium and placenta: their putative roles in human implantation and placentation. Am J Reprod Immunol. (1998) 39 (2): 96-107. Review. MacCalman C.D., et al.
- CDH2 and CDH11 act as regulators of stem cell fate decisions. Stem Cell Res. (2015) 14 (3): 270-82. Review. Alimperti S. and Andreadis S.T.
- Role of cadherin-11 in synovial joint formation and rheumatoid arthritis pathology. Mod Rheumatol. (2013) 23 (6): 1037-44. Review. Dou C., et al.
- Full Name: Cadherin-11 ELISA Kit (CAD-11)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Tissue Homogenates, Plasma, Other Biological Fluids
- Sensitivity: 0.094 ng/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields