Full Name: Bordetella Pertussis Toxin IgM ELISA Kit
Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
Sensitivity: diagn. 94.0%
A key virulence factor of Bordеtеlla pertussis is pertussis toxin, which inhibits G protein signaling in host cells leading to uncontrolled cAMP production. This results in impaired leukocyte function and pertussis symptoms.
B. pertussis produces several other toxins including tracheal cytotoxin, which damages ciliated epithelium in the airways. Surface lipooligosaccharide (LOS) induces inflammation. B. pertussis evades host immunity through mechanisms like suppresses complement activity and antigenic variation of surface proteins.
Pertussis disease progresses through catarrhal, paroxysmal, and convalescent stages. It is very contagious in the catarrhal stage before the characteristic cough develops. Pertussis spreads via respiratory droplets and has a high secondary attack rate. Coughing fits in the paroxysmal stage can cause vomiting, exhaustion, and apnea. Young infants are at highest risk of severe pertussis which can be fatal.
Widespread childhood vaccination with the diphtheria-tetanus-acellular pertussis (DTaP) vaccine has greatly reduced pertussis incidence. However, DTaP effectiveness wanes over time, and pertussis is now prevalent among adolescents and adults who can transmit the disease to unvaccinated infants. This resurgence underscores the need for improved pertussis vaccines and antibiotic prophylaxis of vulnerable contacts. Uptake of the Tdap booster vaccine in older age groups could reduce transmission.
Human Bordetella pertussis toxin IgM ELISA kit is a method designed for detecting amounts of IgM class antibodies to Bordetella toxin (Bordetella Toxin-IgM) in serum or plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit to a diagn. 94.0%.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Bordetella pertussis antigen coated microtiter strips.
- Calibrator B (Cut-Off Standard).
- Calibrator D (Positive Control).
- Calibrator C (Weak Positive Control).
- Calibrator A (Negative Control).
- Enzyme Conjugate.
- Sample Diluent.
- TMB Substrate.
- Washing Buffer (10x).
- Stop Solution.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human IgM class antibodies against Bordetella toxin (Bordetella Toxin-IgM) using current Bordetella pertussis toxin-IgM ELISA kit was to a diagn. 94.0%. The dynamic range for this assay was to a cut-off point.
- Antibodies to Bordetella pertussis adenylate cyclase toxin in neonatal and maternal sera. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol. (1993) 6 (4): 325-30. Arciniega J.L., et al.
- Pertussis toxin inhibits activation-induced cell death of human thymocytes, pre-B leukemia cells and monocytes. J Exp Med. (1994) 180 (3): 1147-52. Ramírez R., et al.
- Activation of distinct T cell subsets involved in IgM antibody response of mice by pertussis toxinfrom Bordetella pertussis strain Maeno. Int Arch Allergy Appl Immunol. (1984) 75 (2): 132-8. Kumazawa Y., et al.
- Analysis of antibody profiles in children with whooping cough. Dev Biol Stand. (1991) 73: 267-73. Novotny P., et al.
- Evaluation of culture, immunofluorescence, and serology for the diagnosis of pertussis. J Clin Microbiol. (1989) 27 (4): 752-7. Halperin S.A., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields