Human Bordetella pertussis toxin IgG ELISA kit can be used for analysing in-vitro quantitative amounts of human IgG antibodies against Bordetella toxin (Bordetella Toxin-IgG) using samples of serum and plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 0.43 IU/ml.
Pertussis toxin (PT) is a hexamer protein which is 105 kDa and it forms a typical AB5 architecture. PT is found to interfere with early production of chemokine and inhibit neutrophil chemotaxis by directly affecting the innate immune response (it inhibits the recruitment of both neutrophils and macrophages). It is vital in the colonisation of respiratory tract and in establishing infection. Recent research is indicating a possible therapeutic role in treating a number of human ailments.
BORDETELLA TOXIN IGG ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Bordetella pertussis antigen coated microtiter strips.
- Calibrator A (Negative Control).
- Calibrator D (Positive Control).
- Calibrator C (Weak Positive Control).
- Calibrator B (Cut-Off Standard).
- Enzyme Conjugate.
- Sample Diluent.
- TMB Substrate.
- Washing Buffer (10x).
- Stop Solution.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgG antibodies against Bordetella toxin (Bordetella Toxin-IgG) using current human Bordetella toxin IgG ELISA kit was 0.43 IU/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 25.0 – 150.0 IU/ml.
- Modelling anti-pertussis toxin IgG antibody decay following primary and preschool vaccination with an acellular pertussis vaccine in UK subjects using a modified oral fluid assay. J Med Microbiol. (2013) 62 (Pt 9): 1281-9. Fry N.K., et al.
- Comparative study of different sources of pertussis toxin (PT) as coating antigens in IgG anti-PT enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays. Clin Vaccine Immunol. (2012) 19 (1): 64-72. Kapasi A., et al.
- Age-specific long-term course of IgG antibodies to pertussis toxin after symptomatic infection with Bordetella pertussis. Epidemiol Infect. (2005) 133 (4): 737-48. Versteegh F.G., et al.
- Pertussis toxin improves immune responses to a combined pneumococcal antigen and leads to enhanced protection against Streptococcus pneumoniae. Clin Vaccine Immunol. (2014) 21 (7): 972-81. Salcedo-Rivillas C., et al.
- Differences in avidity of IgG antibodies to pertussis toxin after acellular pertussis booster vaccination and natural infection. Vaccine. (2012) 30 (48): 6897-902. Barkoff A.M., et al.
- Full Name: Bordetella Pertussis Toxin IgG ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 0.43 IU/ml