Full Name: Bordetella Pertussis Toxin IgA ELISA Kit
Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
Sensitivity: diagn. 97.3%
Additional toxins are made by B. pertussis, including tracheal cytotoxin which damages the ciliated epithelial cells lining the airways. Fimbriae on the bacterial surface mediate adhesion to respiratory epithelium. The surface lipooligosaccharide (LOS) induces inflammatory responses in the host. B. pertussis can evade host immune defenses through mechanisms such as suppressing complement activity and altering the antigenic properties of its surface proteins.
The course of pertussis disease progresses through catarrhal, paroxysmal, and convalescent stages. Transmission occurs most readily in the early catarrhal stage before the cough has developed. Pertussis spreads through respiratory droplets and has a high secondary attack rate. Coughing fits in the paroxysmal stage can result in vomiting, exhaustion, and apnea, especially in infants who are at greatest risk of severe and potentially fatal pertussis.
Introduction of the diphtheria-tetanus-acellular pertussis (DTaP) vaccine for childhood immunization has substantially reduced pertussis incidence. However, DTaP effectiveness wanes over time, and pertussis is now increasingly common in adolescents and adults who can transmit the illness to unvaccinated infants. This resurgence indicates a need for improved pertussis vaccines and antibiotic prophylaxis for vulnerable contacts. Expanding Tdap booster uptake could lessen transmission.
Human Bordetella pertussis toxin IgA ELISA kit is intended for measuring levels of IgA class antibodies against Bordetella toxin (Bordetella Toxin-IgA) using plasma or serum samples. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit to a diagn. 97.3%.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Calibrator A (Negative Control).
- Calibrator B (Cut-Off Standard).
- Calibrator C (Weak Positive Control).
- Calibrator D (Positive Control).
- Enzyme Conjugate.
- TMB Substrate.
- Sample Diluent.
- Washing Buffer (10x).
- Stop Solution.
- Bordetella pertussis antigen coated microtiter strips.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human IgA class antibodies to Bordetella toxin (Bordetella Toxin-IgA) using current Bordetella pertussis toxin-IgA ELISA kit was to a diagn. 97.3%. The dynamic range for this assay was to a cut-off point.
- The concept of pertussis as a toxin-mediated disease. Pediatr Infect Dis. (1984) 3 (5): 467-86. Review. Pittman M.
- Development and validation of an Australian in-house anti-pertussis toxin IgG and IgA enzyme immunoassay. Pathology. (2013) 45 (2): 172-80. May M.L., et al.
- Serologic diagnosis of pertussis: evaluation of pertussis toxin and other antigens in enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay. J Infect Dis. (1990) 161 (5): 966-71. Mertsola J., et al.
- Adjuvant action of cholera toxin and pertussis toxin in the induction of IgA antibody response to orally administered antigen. Vaccine. (1993) 11 (2): 113-8. Wilson A.D., et al.
- Comparative role of immunoglobulin A in protective immunity against the Bordetellae. Infect Immun. (2007) 75 (9): 4416-22. Wolfe D.N., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields