Human Bordetella pertussis IgG ELISA kit is a procedure for measuring in-vitro quantitative levels of human IgG antibodies to Bordetella pertussis (Bordetella-IgG) using either plasma or serum samples. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 0.98 U/ml.
Bordetella pertussis is a causative agent of whooping cough and humans are its only host. It is found to reside in the bronchi and the trachea (upper air pathways) and the pathogen can be also transmitted from one individual to another through droplets of respiratory secretions (coughing or sneezing into the air). Some of the symptoms of bordetella pertussis can be described as those of a common cold for example low-grade fever, sneezing, runny nose and mild cough. In medicine, many vaccines that have been developed in order to combat a number of deadly childhood diseases (such as whooping cough).
BORDETELLA IGG ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Bordetella pertussis antigen coated microtiter strips.
- Calibrator A (Negative Control).
- Calibrator B (Cut-Off Standard).
- Calibrator C (Weak Positive Control).
- Calibrator D (Positive Control).
- Enzyme Conjugate.
- TMB Substrate.
- Stop Solution.
- Sample Diluent.
- Washing Buffer (10x).
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgG antibodies to Bordetella pertussis (Bordetella-IgG) using current human Bordetella IgG ELISA kit was 0.98 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 1.0 – 150.0 IU/ml.
– Bordetella pertussis ELISA: IgG
– Intra-Assay-Precision: 5.0 %
– Inter-Assay-Precision: 4.3 %
– Inter-Lot-Precision: 2.6 – 4.5 %
– Analytical Sensitivity: 0.98 U/mL
– Recovery: 106 – 114 %
– Linearity: 78 – 124 %
– Cross-Reactivity: No cross-reactivity to RSV, Adenovirus and Parainfluenza IgG
– Interferences: No interferences to bilirubin up to 0.3 mg/mL, hemoglobin up to 8.0 mg/mL and triglycerides up to 5.0 mg/mL
– Clinical Specificity: 84 %
– Clinical Sensitivity: 100 %
- Serum immunoglobulin G analysis to establish a delayed diagnosis of chronic cough due to Bordetella pertussis. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. (2012) 146 (1): 63-7. Bock J.M., et al.
- Age-related differences in patterns of increased Bordetella pertussis antibodies. Clin Vaccine Immunol. (2012) 19 (4): 545-50. Prince H.E., et al.
- Antibody levels to Bordetella pertussis and Neisseria meningitidis in immunodeficient patients receiving immunoglobulin replacement therapy. J Clin Immunol. (2015) 35 (2): 213-7. Adam E. and Church J.A.
- Different IgG-subclass distributions after whole-cell and acellular pertussis infant primary vaccinations in healthy and pertussis infected children. Vaccine. (2011) 29 (40): 6874-80. Hendrikx L.H., et al.
- Does working in hospital increases seroprevalence and carrier state against Bordetella pertussis? Adv Biomed Res. (2015) 4: 194. Naeini A.E., et al.
- Full Name: Bordetella Pertussis IgG ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 0.98 U/ml