Full Name: Bordetella Pertussis FHA IgG ELISA Kit
Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
Sensitivity: 0.5 IU/ml
Bordetella pertussis is a small coccobacillus that attaches to ciliated epithelial cells in the nasopharynx and trachea using adhesion proteins called fimbriae. A key adhesin is the filamentous hemagglutinin (FHA), a large surface protein that binds to epithelial cell receptors. Once attached, B. pertussis secretes toxins that damage the airway epithelium, impair immune function, and generate pertussis symptoms. Pertussis toxin inhibits host G proteins and causes leukocyte dysfunction and inflammation. Tracheal cytotoxin disrupts the cilia on airway epithelial cells.
B. pertussis has mechanisms to evade the host immune system like suppression of complement activation, immunomodulatory secretion, and antigenic variation of surface proteins. It can adopt a dormant non-replicating state that is more resistant to antibiotics and immune clearance.
Pertussis disease has catarrhal, paroxysmal, and convalescent stages. It is highly contagious in the mild catarrhal stage before coughing manifests. Severe coughing fits in the paroxysmal stage can lead to exhaustion, apnea, and even death, especially in infants. Widespread vaccination has greatly reduced pertussis incidence but it remains a concern due to waning vaccine immunity. Adolescent and adult boosters and protecting vulnerable infants are important for control.
Human Bordetella pertussis FHA IgG ELISA kit is designed for in-vitro determination of human IgG antibodies to Bordetella FHA (Bordetella FHA-IgG) in serum or plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 0.5 IU/ml.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Bordetella pertussis antigen coated microtiter strips.
- Enzyme Conjugate.
- TMB Substrate.
- Stop Solution.
- Sample Diluent.
- Washing Buffer (10x).
- Calibrator A (Negative Control).
- Calibrator B (Cut-Off Standard).
- Calibrator C (Weak Positive Control).
- Calibrator D (Positive Control).
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human IgG antibodies against Bordetella FHA (Bordetella FHA-IgG) using current Bordetella pertussis FHA-IgG ELISA kit was 0.5 IU/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 25.0 – 250.0 IU/ml.
- Serum IgG antibody responses to pertussis toxin and filamentous hemagglutinin in nonvaccinated and vaccinated children and adults with pertussis. Clin Infect Dis. (1999) 28 (3): 552-9. Trollfors B., et al.
- Differences of IgG antibody avidity after an acellular pertussis (aP) booster in adolescents after a whole cell (wcP) or aP primary vaccination. Vaccine. (2013) 31 (2): 387-93. Prelog M., et al.
- Acquisition of IgG serum antibodies against two Bordetella antigens (filamentous hemagglutinin and pertactin) in children with no symptoms of pertussis. Pediatr Infect Dis J. (1995) 14 (6): 517-21. Isacson J., et al.
- Assessment of IgG avidity against pertussis toxin and filamentous hemagglutinin via an adapted enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) using ammonium thiocyanate. J Immunol Methods. (2013) 387 (1-2): 36-42. Almanzar G., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields