Full Name: BDNF ELISA Kit (Brain Derived Neurotrophic Factor)
Sample Type: Serum, Plasma, Biological Fluids, Tissue Homogenates
Sensitivity: 18.75 pg/ml
Brain derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) is identified as a classical neurotrophin family member. These include neurotrphins 3, neurotrphins 4 and nerve growth factor. It is initially secreted in the form of pro-BDNF, which is then proteolytically processed within the extracellular space in order to generate the mature form of the protein. One of the main functions are linked to maintenance and growth of synapses or neurons. There is evidence to indicate BDNF plays a vital role in guidance during the developing stages. Other important roles include growth promotion of dendritic spines and long term memory during the process of neurogenesis. Pro-BDNF is initially secreted as a single chain in the form of a 120-kD protein. This forms into a 150-kD trimer, which then folds into an octamer.
The mature BDNF protein is composed of five copies of the 120-kD protein and three copies of the 150-kD trimer. The molecular weight range varies, depending on its source and experimental condition. Absence of BDNF in the body is associated with depression and other diseases that can cause suicidal thoughts. According to the study, levels were similarly low among people who had schizophrenia or major depressive illness. Experts believe it is because people with these disorders lack interest and motivation. BDNF in our brain helps nerve cells to produce and release dopamine and serotonin.
Human BDNF ELISA kit is intended for detecting levels of brain derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF, ANON2, abrineurin, BULN) present in human samples in plasma, serum, biological fluids and tissue homogenates.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti-BDNF antibody.
- Standards: Lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
For the following BDNF ELISA kit it is recommended that a standard curve is generated for each assay carried out.
Standard Curve: 0, 31.25, 62.5, 125, 250, 500, 1000, 2000 pg/ml.
Sensitivity: 18.75 pg/ml
Range: 31.25 – 2000 pg/ml
Application: Research Use Only.
– Specificity: Highly specific for BDNF, no cross reactivity or interference between BDNF and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (87 – 104%), EDTA Plasma (89 – 100%), Heparin Plasma (87 – 102%).
– Linearity: Serum (85 – 100%), EDTA Plasma (86 – 99%), Heparin Plasma (82 – 92%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Neurotrophic Factor BDNF, Physiological Functions and Therapeutic Potential in Depression, Neurodegeneration and Brain Cancer. Int J Mol Sci. (2020) 21 (20): 7777. Colucci-D’Amato L., et al.
- Development of mature BDNF-specific sandwich ELISA. J Neurochem. (2015) 134 (1): 75-85. Lim Y., et al.
- BDNF-overexpressing human mesenchymal stem cells mediate increased neuronal protection in vitro. J Neurosci Res. (2019) 97 (11): 1414-1429. Scheper V., et al.
- Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor in Brain Disorders: Focus on Neuroinflammation. Mol Neurobiol. (2019) 56 (5): 3295-3312. Lima Giacobbo B., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields