Full Name: FAM132B ELISA Kit Protein
Sample Type: Biological Fluids, Plasma, Tissue Homogenates, Serum
Sensitivity: 0.094 ng/ml
Erythroferrone is described as a protein hormone that is formed by erythroblasts, one of the main functions of this protein is in the liver where it inhibits the formation of hepcidin. This leads to increasing the quantity of iron that is available for the synthesis of hemoglobin. Initially, the mouse FAM132B gene transcript was identified in bone morrow. It is mainly synthesized in the liver and it inhibits the formation of hepcidin, this protein promotes increased iron availability for the synthesis of hemoglobin. FAM132B is also regarded as a marker protein that can be used to determine red cell production in humans.
In humans, FAM132B is regarded as an iron regulating hormone, which functions as a regulator of erythroid after hemorrhage. It is formed in erythroblasts following the loss of blood. It can function in mediating the suppression of hepcidin expression that can be found in the liver, this can also result in the elevation of iron absorption and the mobilisation of iron from stores. Other important roles include the promotion of fatty acid and lipid uptake into hepatocytes and adipocytes.
FAM132B is used in studies investigating the regulation of hepcidin and iron metabolism in erythropoiesis. The protein encoded by this gene is a member of the FER/HDL-C family of proteins. The protein functions as a regulator of erythroid after hemorrhage, it binds to the promoter region of hepcidin to suppress hepcidin expression. The FAM132B protein also mediates the suppression of hepatic iron absorption and mobilisation and promotes fatty acid uptake into hepatocytes and adipocytes.
Human FAM132B ELISA kit is designed for measuring amounts of protein FAM132B (FAM132B, erythroferrone, myonectin, CTRP15, C1QTNF15) present in human serum, tissue homogenates, other biological fluids and plasma samples.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti- FAM132B antibody.
- Standards: Lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
For the following FAM132B ELISA kit it is recommended that a standard curve is generated for each assay carried out.
Standard Curve: 0, 0.156, 0.312, 0.625, 1.25, 2.5, 5, 10 ng/ml.
Sensitivity: 0.094 ng/ml
Range: 0.156 – 10 ng/ml
Application: Research Use Only.
– Specificity: Highly specific for FAM132B, no cross reactivity or interference between FAM132B and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (85 – 94%), EDTA Plasma (88 – 98%), Heparin Plasma (86 – 104%).
– Linearity: Serum (89 – 104%), EDTA Plasma (87 – 101%), Heparin Plasma (86 – 100%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Increased levels of ERFE-encoding FAM132B in patients with congenital dyserythropoietic anemia type II. Blood. (2016) 128 (14): 1899-1902. Russo R., et al.
- Effect of erythropoietin administration on proteins participating in iron homeostasis in Tmprss6-mutated mask mice. PLoS One. (2017) 12 (10): e0186844. Frýdlová J., et al.
- Erythroferrone: An Erythroid Regulator of Hepcidin and Iron Metabolism. Hemasphere. (2018) 2 (2): e35. Coffey R. and Ganz T.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields