Human Aspergillus fumigatus IgM ELISA kit is a method for in-vitro quantitative measurement of human IgM antibodies to Aspergillus fumigatus (Aspergillus fumigatus-IgM) using samples of plasma and serum. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.04 U/ml.
Aspergillus fumigatus is known to cause invasive infection to the lungs and this can result in either morbidity or mortality for the individual involved. It is a filamentous and thermotolerant fungus, this allows it to naturally occur in decay material and composting processes. Aspergillosis can be described as a group of diseases that can lead to aspergillus infections such as aspergilloma, invasive aspergillosis, CPA and ABPA. It is able to result in invasive fungal infections to immunosuppressed patients for example those receiving organ transplant, immunosuppressive therapy, AIDS treatment. It has also been shown to lead to allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis, allergic disease in immunocompetent hosts and chronic pulmonary infections.
ASPERGILLUS FUMIGATUS IGM ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Aspergillus fumigatus antigen coated microtiter strips.
- Enzyme Conjugate.
- TMB Substrate.
- Stop Solution.
- Sample Diluent.
- Washing Buffer (10x).
- Calibrator A (Negative Control).
- Calibrator B (Cut-Off Standard).
- Calibrator C (Weak Positive Control).
- Calibrator D (Positive Control).
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgM antibodies to Aspergillus fumigatus using this human Aspergillus fumigatus-IgM ELISA kit was 1.04 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 1.0 – 60.0 U/ml.
– Aspergillus fumigatus ELISA: IgM
– Intra-Assay-Precision: 5.9 %
– Inter-Assay-Precision: 5.5 %
– Inter-Lot-Precision: 1.4 – 3.1 %
– Analytical Sensitivity: 1.04 U/mL
– Recovery: 90 – 104 %
– Linearity: 95 – 120 %
– Cross-Reactivity: No cross-reactivity to Candida albicans
– Interferences: No interferences to bilirubin up to 0.3 mg/mL, hemoglobin up to 8.0 mg/mL and triglycerides up to 5.0 mg/mL
– Clinical Specificity: 99 %
– Clinical Sensitivity: 100 %
- A monoclonal IgM directed against immunodominant catalase B of cell wall of Aspergillus fumigatus exerts anti-A. fumigatus activities. Mycoses. (2009) 52 (6): 524-33. Chaturvedi A.K., et al.
- Studies on galactofuranose-containing glycostructures of the pathogenic mold Aspergillus fumigatus. Int J Med Microbiol. (2011) 301 (6): 523-30. Heesemann L., et al.
- Immunologic observations in sera of a patient with allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis by means of the enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay. J Allergy Clin Immunol. (1984) 74 (5): 741-6. Kauffman H.F., et al.
- Enzyme-linked immuno-filtration assay (ELIFA) for the detection of IgG, IgM, IgA and IgE antibodies against Aspergillus fumigatus. J Med Vet Mycol. (1987) 25 (2): 77-83. Pinon J.M., et al.
- Full Name: Aspergillus Fumigatus IgM ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: 1.04 U/ml