Human Candida albicans IgM ELISA kit is designed for measuring in-vitro quantitative amounts of human IgM antibodies against Candida albicans (Candida IgM) in samples of plasma and serum. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.11 U/ml.
Candida albicans belong to the yeast species and are a single celled fungus that predominately live in the gastrointestinal tract. There are also small amounts of this yeast which can be found in many other moist and warm conditions within the body such as the mouth, vagina, rectum and many parts of the skin. There can be many different factors which are responsible for keeping check the balance of C. albicans microbes present within the body, however, if these become affected then this could result in the fungus growing out of control and resulting in yeast infections (known as candidiasis). However, for majority of cases it does not cause as issues but they is the possibility of infections and overgrowth to occur. It has been reported that a mortality rate of approx. 40% to occur in individuals that display systemic candidiasis which is as a result of C.albicans.
CANDIDA IGM ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Candida albicans antigen coated microtiter strips.
- Enzyme Conjugate.
- Calibrator B (Cut-Off Standard).
- Calibrator D (Positive Control).
- Calibrator C (Weak Positive Control).
- Calibrator A (Negative Control).
- TMB Substrate.
- Sample Diluent.
- Washing Buffer (10x).
- Stop Solution.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgM antibodies against Candida albicans (Candida-IgM) using this human Candida IgM ELISA kit was 1.11 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 1.0 – 150.0 U/ml.
– Candida albicans ELISA: IgM
– Intra-Assay-Precision: 9.4 %
– Inter-Assay-Precision: 8.6 %
– Inter-Lot-Precision: 4.9 – 11.7 %
– Analytical Sensitivity: 1.07 U/mL
– Recovery: 90 – 101 %
– Linearity: 88 – 128 %
– Cross-Reactivity: No cross-reactivity to Aspergillus, Bordetella und Helicobacter
– Interferences: No interferences to bilirubin up to 0.3 mg/mL, hemoglobin up to 8.0 mg/mL and triglycerides up to 5.0 mg/mL
– Clinical Specificity: 98 %
– Clinical Sensitivity: 100 %
- Dendritic cells from X-linked hyper-IgM patients present impaired responses to Candida albicans and Paracoccidioides brasiliensis. J Allergy Clin Immunol. (2012) 129 (3): 778-86. Cabral-Marques O., et al.
- In situ IgM production and clonal expansion of B-1 cells in peritoneal cavity promote elimination of C. albicans infection in IgH transgenic mice with VH derived from a natural antibody. PLoS One. (2013) 8 (4): e60779. Fu M., et al.
- [Anti-Candida albicans IgM antibody: correlation between immunofluorescence and ultra centrifugation (author’s transl)]. Ann Biol Clin (Paris). (1978) 36 (6): 519-21. French. Guinet R. and Absi N.
- Full Name: Candida Albicans IgM ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: 1.11 U/ml