Mouse angiotensinogen total ELISA kit is designed for detecting quantitative amounts of total angiotensinogen (AGT total) present in mouse cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma and urine samples. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.03 ng/ml.
Angiotensinogen (AGT) is a protein that is constitutively released into the blood where it can be cleaved in order to generate angiotensin. It belongs to the serpin family of proteins and is an a-2-globulin that is produced by the liver. It has an important role in the regulation of blood pressure and fluid balance (known as the renin-angiotensin system). Researcher have found angiotensinogen to be associated with predisposition to hypertension, heterogeneous disorders, pre-eclampsia, neonatal or foetal mortality and morbidity. The concentration of angiotensinogen in the plasma can be increased by elevating the levels of corticosteroid, angiontensin II, thyroid hormone and estrogen levels that are present in plasma.
MOUSE ANGIOTENSINOGEN TOTAL ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Pre-Coated Plate: Anti-Mouse AGT (135).
- Labeled Antibody (30x Conc.).
- Standard: Recombinant Mouse Angiotensinogen.
- EIA Buffer.
- Solution For Labeled Antibody.
- TMB Chromogen.
- Stop Solution.
- Wash Buffer (40x Conc.).
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of angiotensinogen (AGT total) using this mouse total angiotensinogen ELISA kit was approximately 0.03 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.16 – 10.0 ng/ml.
– Mouse Total Angiotensinogen: ELISA
– Sensitivity: 0.03 ng/mL
– Measurement Range: 0.16 – 10 ng/mL
– Added Recovery Assay: 80.4 – 108.3%
– Intra – Assay: 3.8 – 7.0%
– Inter – Assay: 6.3 – 7.7%
– Specificity: 100%
- Increased cardiac angiotensin II receptors in angiotensinogen-deficient mice. Hypertension. (1998) 31 (1): 45-9. Sumida Y., et al.
- The adipose-tissue renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system: role in the metabolic syndrome? Int J Biochem Cell Biol. (2003) 35 (6): 807-25. Review. Engeli S., et al.
- Identification of renin and angiotensinogen messenger RNA sequences in mouse and rat brains. Hypertension. (1986) 8 (6): 544-8. Dzau V.J., et al.
- Quantification of intact plasma AGT consisting of oxidized and reduced conformations using a modified ELISA. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. (2016) 311 (6): F1211-F1216. Satou R., et al.
- Full Name: Angiotensinogen Total ELISA Kit (Mouse)
- Reactivity: Mouse
- Sample Type: Serum, Urine, Plasma, Cell Culture Supernatant
- Sensitivity: 0.03 ng/ml