Rat angiotensinogen ELISA kit can be used for measuring quantitative levels of angiotensinogen (AGT) in rat plasma, serum, cell culture supernatant and urine samples. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.02 ng/ml.
Angiotensinogen (AGT) is an important member of the serpin family of proteins, it is an alpha-2-globulin that is constitutively produced and released into circulation by the liver. Predominant function involves regulating fluid balance and blood pressure through the renin-angiotensin system. The concentration of plasma angiotensinogen can be elevated by increasing plasma estrogen, corticosteroid, angiontensin II and thyroid hormone levels. Angiotensinogen is catalytically cleaved by renin to generate angiotensin I under conditions of low blood pressure. There is evidence to indicate that it can be associated with heterogeneous disorders, predisposition to hypertension, pre-eclampsia, morbidity, neonatal or foetal mortality.
RAT ANGIOTENSINOGEN ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Pre-Coated Plate: Anti-Rat AGT (135).
- HRP Labeled Antibody (30x Conc.).
- Standard: Recombinant Rat Angiotensinogen.
- EIA Buffer.
- Solution For Labeled Antibody.
- TMB Chromogen.
- Stop Solution.
- Wash Buffer (40x Conc.).
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of AGT using current rat angiotensinogen ELISA kit was approximately 0.02 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.31 – 20.0 ng/ml.
– Rat Angiotensinogen: ELISA
– Titer Assay: 92.7 – 104.5%
– Added Recovery Assay: 82.4 – 99.5%
– Intra – Assay: 3.3 – 10%
– Inter – Assay: 8.5 – 15.8%
– Specificity: 100%
– Sensitivity: 0.01 ng/mL
- Determination of plasma and urinary angiotensinogen levels in rodents by newly developed ELISA. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. (2008) 294 (5): F1257-63. Kobori H., et al.
- Effects of growth hormone and estrogen on rat angiotensinogen quantified by an enzyme linked immunosorbent assay. Clin Exp Hypertens A. (1992) 14 (3): 551-63. Karlsson R., et al.
- High glucose induces activation of the local renin‑angiotensin system in glomerular endothelial cells. Mol Med Rep. (2014) 9 (2): 450-6. Peng H., et al.
- Urinary angiotensinogen as a novel biomarker of the intrarenal renin-angiotensin system status in hypertensive patients. Hypertension. (2009) 53 (2): 344-50. Kobori H., et al.
- Up-regulation of intrarenal renin-agiotensin system contributes to renal damage in high-salt induced hypertension rats. Kidney Blood Press Res. (2014) 39 (6): 526-35. Wu H., et al.
- Full Name: Angiotensinogen ELISA Kit (Rat)
- Reactivity: Rat
- Sample Type: Serum, Urine, Plasma, Cell Culture Supernatant
- Sensitivity: 0.02 ng/ml