Full Name: Rat Angiotensinogen ELISA Kit (AGT)
Sample Type: Serum, Urine, Plasma, Cell Culture Supernatant
Sensitivity: 0.02 ng/ml
Angiotensinogen (AGT) is an important member of the serpin family of proteins, it is an alpha-2-globulin that is constitutively produced and released into circulation by the liver. Predominant function involves regulating fluid balance and blood pressure through the renin-angiotensin system. The concentration of plasma angiotensinogen can be elevated by increasing plasma estrogen, corticosteroid, angiontensin II and thyroid hormone levels. It is catalytically cleaved by renin to generate angiotensin I under conditions of low blood pressure.
Pregnant women create the most angiotensinogen, which is mostly made in the liver and the adrenal glands. The renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system (RAAS) causes an increase in blood pressure. through increasing cardiac output and constricting blood vessels. Then, AGT is created and released into the bloodstream, where it aids in boosting angiotensin II secretion and aldosterone activity. The primary regulatory organs are the kidneys, which release renin when certain stimuli increase pressure (like exercise) and lower blood pressure. The primary regulatory organs are the kidneys, which release renin when certain stimuli increase pressure (like exercise) and lower blood pressure. Vasopressin and aldosterone are both made by Ang II. When Ang I attaches to G-protein-coupled receptors on cells, the kidneys change it into Ang III (Ang III), a secondary mediator that raises blood pressure.
Rat angiotensinogen ELISA kit can be used for measuring quantitative levels of AGT (angiotensinogen) in rat plasma, serum, cell culture supernatant and urine samples. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.02 ng/ml.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Pre-Coated Plate: Anti-Rat AGT (135).
- HRP Labeled Antibody (30x Conc.).
- Standard: Recombinant.
- EIA Buffer.
- Solution For Labeled Antibody.
- TMB Chromogen.
- Stop Solution.
- Wash Buffer (40x Conc.).
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of AGT using current rat angiotensinogen ELISA kit was approximately 0.02 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.31 – 20.0 ng/ml.
– Titer Assay: 92.7 – 104.5%
– Added Recovery Assay: 82.4 – 99.5%
– Intra – Assay: 3.3 – 10%
– Inter – Assay: 8.5 – 15.8%
– Specificity: 100%
– Sensitivity: 0.01 ng/mL
- Determination of plasma and urinary angiotensinogen levels in rodents by newly developed ELISA. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. (2008) 294 (5): F1257-63. Kobori H., et al.
- Effects of growth hormone and estrogen on rat angiotensinogen quantified by an enzyme linked immunosorbent assay. Clin Exp Hypertens A. (1992) 14 (3): 551-63. Karlsson R., et al.
- High glucose induces activation of the local renin‑angiotensin system in glomerular endothelial cells. Mol Med Rep. (2014) 9 (2): 450-6. Peng H., et al.
- Urinary angiotensinogen as a novel biomarker of the intrarenal renin-angiotensin system status in hypertensive patients. Hypertension. (2009) 53 (2): 344-50. Kobori H., et al.
- Up-regulation of intrarenal renin-agiotensin system contributes to renal damage in high-salt induced hypertension rats. Kidney Blood Press Res. (2014) 39 (6): 526-35. Wu H., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
- Angiotensinogen Intact ELISA Kit (Mouse)
- Angiotensinogen Total ELISA Kit (Mouse)
- Angiopoietin-Like 3 ELISA Kit (Mouse)
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields