Full Name: Mouse Angiotensinogen Intact ELISA Kit (AGT)
Sample Type: Cell Culture Supernatant, Serum, Plasma,
Sensitivity: 0.01 ng/ml
Angiotensinogen (AGT) is an a-2-globulin produced by the liver that belongs to the serpin family of proteins. It keeps blood pressure and fluid balance in check (renin-angiotensin system). It is a crucial protein that belongs to the serpin family. Controlling these functions aids in the maintenance of normal homeostasis within the body. It is a pivotal protein for the control of fluid and electrolyte balance, cardiovascular regulation and blood pressure. This protein seems to interact with many blood proteins on multiple occasions.
Angiotensinogen is produced primarily in the liver and adrenal glands, with pregnant women producing the greatest amount. The renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system (RAAS) results in an increase in blood pressure. by constricting the blood vessels, thereby increasing cardiac output. AGT is then produced and delivered into the bloodstream, where it helps to increase aldosterone activity and angiotensin II secretion. The main control points are found in the kidneys which release renin when certain stimuli cause an increase in pressure (such as exercise) and cause a decrease in blood pressure. Ang II produces both aldosterone and vasopressin. The kidneys then convert Ang I into Ang III (Ang III), which is a secondary mediator that increases blood pressures when it binds to G-protein-coupled receptors on cells.
Mouse angiotensinogen intact ELISA kit is designed for analysing quantitative amounts of intact AGT (angiotensinogen) in mouse serum, plasma and cell culture supernatant samples. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.01 ng/ml.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Pre-Coated Plate: Anti-Mouse AGT (135).
- Labeled Antibody (30x Conc.).
- Standard: Recombinant.
- EIA Buffer.
- Solution For Labeled Antibody.
- TMB Chromogen.
- Stop Solution.
- Wash Buffer (40x Conc.).
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of angiotensinogen intact (AGT) using this mouse angiotensinogen intact ELISA kit was approximately 0.01 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.16 – 10.0 ng/ml.
– Titer Assay: 77.3 – 100.8%
– Added Recovery Assay: 84.0 – 105.2%
– Intra – Assay: 5.0 – 9.9%
– Inter – Assay: 5.1 – 12.3%
– Specificity: 100%
– Sensitivity: 0.03 ng/mL
- Quantification of intact plasma AGT consisting of oxidized and reduced conformations using a modified ELISA. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. (2016) 311 (6): F1211-F1216. Satou R., et al.
- Liver angiotensinogen is the primary source of renal angiotensin II. J Am Soc Nephrol. (2012) 23 (7): 1181-9. Matsusaka T., et al.
- An intact renin-angiotensin system is a prerequisite for normal renal development. J Hypertens. (2000) 18 (2): 123-37. Review. Guron G. and Friberg P.
- Role of the local renin-angiotensin system in cardiac damage: a minireview focussing on transgenic animal models. J Mol Cell Cardiol. (2002) 34 (11): 1455-62. Review. Bader M.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
- Angiotensinogen ELISA Kit (Rat)
- Angiotensinogen Total ELISA Kit (Mouse)
- Angiopoietin-Like 3 ELISA Kit (Mouse)
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields