Human angiotensinogen ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative method for detecting angiotensinogen (AGT) in human tissue homogenate, serum, plasma and other biological fluids. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.18 ug/ml.
Angiotensinogen (AGT) is a hormone which is important in regulating blood pressure and fluid balance – a component of the renin-angiotensin system (RAS). It is synthesised in the liver and secreted into the plasma, it also appears to be associated with; predisposition to essential hypertension, heterogeneous disorders, pregnancy-induced hypertension (pre-eclampsia), foetal or neonatal mortality and morbidity. In recent studies the interested associated to the role of renin-angiotensin system in arterial pressure control and pathophysiology of hypertension has shifted to its specific role locally in various tissues.
Also, angiotensinogen is can be catalytically cleaved by renin to order to generate angiotensin I under conditions where blood pressure is lowered. Angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) is then able to subsequently remove a dipeptide leading to the production of angiotensin II, which is the physiologically active peptide and functions in regulating the volume and the mineral balance of body fluids.
ANGIOTENSINOGEN ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti-angiotensinogen antibody.
- Standards: Concentrations 0, 0.312, 0.625, 1.25, 2.50, 5.0, 10.0, 20.0 ug/ml, made up from lyophilized recombinant human angiotensinogen.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled AGT Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of AGT (angiotensinogen) using current human angiotensinogen ELISA kit was approximately 0.18 ug/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.313 – 20.0 ug/ml.
– Angiotensinogen (AGT): ELISA
– Specificity: Highly specific for AGT, no cross reactivity or interference between AGT and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (91 – 104%), EDTA Plasma (85 – 102%), Heparin Plasma (87 – 103%).
– Linearity: Serum (85 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (85 – 100%), Heparin Plasma (80 – 100%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Expression of angiotensinogen mRNA and protein in angiotensin II-dependent hypertension. J Am Soc Nephrol. (2001) 12 (3): 431-9. Kobori H., Harrison-Bernard L.M. and Navar L.G.
- Novel sandwich ELISA for human angiotensinogen.Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. (2007) 293 (3): F956-60. Katsurada A., et al.
- Enhancement of angiotensinogen expression in angiotensin II-dependent hypertension. Hypertension. (2001) 37 (5): 1329-35. Kobori H., et al.
- Full Name: Angiotensinogen ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma, Biological Fluids, Tissue Homogenates
- Sensitivity: 0.18 ug/ml