Human aldosterone ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring aldosterone present in human serum, plasma and urine samples. This assay has a sensitivity detection limit of < 5.7 pg/ml.
Aldosterone is a potent steroid hormone (mineral corticoid) that is produced by the zona glomerulosa of the adrenal cortex. One of its main function is to regulate potassium and sodium balance in the blood and in humans it is a potent mineralocorticoid. Its synthesis and release is controlled primarily through the renin-angiotensin system (RAAS), it is able to bind mineralocorticoid receptors (MR) and trigger the transcription of hormone responsive genes.
In principle aldosterone is able to: increase the permeability of luminal membrane to sodium and potassium and activating the basolateral Na+/K+ pumps in the process, stimulate ATP hydrolysis, help reabsorb sodium ions and water into the blood and excrete potassium ions into the urine. Other important functions of aldosterone involve regulating acid/base balance and plasma bicarbonate (HCO3-) levels.
Chronic overproduction and secretion can lead to hypertension, adenomas, idiopathic and glucocorticoid-responsive hyperaldosteronism. Whereas, abnormally low levels have been known to occur in conditions such as nephropathy, renal tubular acidosis and congenital adrenal hyperplasia. Aldosterone activity is also increased in Conn’s syndrome and is reduced in Addison’s disease.
ALDOSTERONE ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiterwells 12 x 8 (break apart) strips: Wells coated with anti-aldosterone antibody (polyclonal rabbit).
- Standard 0-5: Lyophilized. Concentrations 0, 20, 80, 200, 500, 1000 pg/ml. Made up from human aldosterone.
- Control Low And Control High. Contains anti aldosterone.
- Enzyme Conjugate: Consisting of aldosterone antibody conjugated to horseradish peroxidase.
- Substrate Solution: Tetramethylbenzidine (TMB).
- Stop Solution.
- Wash Solution (40x Concentrated).
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of aldosterone using current human aldosterone ELISA kit was approximately < 5.7 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 20.0 – 1000.0 pg/ml.
– Aldosterone: ELISA
– Assay Dynamic Range: 9.81 – 1000 pg/mL
– Specificity (Cross Reactivity): 3 β, 5 α Tetrahydroaldosterone (17.2%), 3 β, 5 β Tetrahydroaldosterone (0.12%), Androstenedione, Androsterone, Corticosterone, Cortisol, Cortisone, 11-Deoxycortisol, DHEA, Estradiol, Estriol, Estrone, 17-Hydroxyprogesterone, Prednisolone, Prednisone, Progesterone, Testosterone (>1%).
Analytical Sensitivity: < 5.7 pg/mL
– Intra-Assay Variation: 1.8 – 5.91%
– Inter-Assay Variation: 4.65 – 13.92%
– Recovery: 85.1 – 110.9%
– Linearity: 90.6 – 113.3%
– Interfering Substances: None
– Drug Interferences: None
- Renin-Angiotensin-Aldosteron-System (RAAS). Labor und Diagnose (2005) 1406-24. Thomas L.
- The use of aldosterone renin ratio as a diagnostic test for primary hyperaldosteronism and its test characteristics under different conditions of blood sampling. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. (2005) 90 (1): 72-8. Tiu S.C., et al.
- New aspects of rapid aldosterone signaling. Mol Cell Endocrinology (2009) 308 (1-2): 53-62. Grossmann C and Gekle M.
- Confirmatory tests in the diagnosis of primary aldosteronism. Horm Metab Res. (2010) 42 (6): 406-10. Mulatero P., et al.
- Full Name: Aldosterone ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma, Urine
- Sensitivity: < 5.7 pg/ml