Full Name: Amyloid Beta 42 ELISA Kit (Aβ42)
Sample Type: Tissue Homogenates, Plasma, Biological Fluids, Serum
Sensitivity: 2.813 pg/ml
The amino acid makeup of amyloid beta, often known as abeta or A, ranges from 36 to 43. The essential elements of amyloid plaques are these peptides. These plaques are found in high concentrations in Alzheimer’s patients, are present in the brain. Several studies show that that the soluble oligomeric form of the peptide, particularly the A oligomers, is the primary factor responsible for the advancement of Alzheimer’s disease.
The successive cleavage of the APP, or amyloid procurer protein, produces amyloid beta oligomers. The APP is broken down by the proteolytic enzymes alpha, beta and gamma secretase. It is the sequential action of the beta and gamma secretases results in the creation of the amyloid beta peptide. Moreover, several isoforms with lengths between 30 and 51 amino acids are produced. The amyloid beta 40 and 42 isoforms are two of the more prevalent types.
Human amyloid beta 42 ELISA kit can detect concentrations of amyloid beta 42 (Aβ42, Aβ1-42, amyloid beta 1-42) present in human samples of tissue homogenates, serum, plasma and other biological fluids.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti-Aβ1-42 antibody.
- Standards: Lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
For this amyloid beta 42 ELISA kit it is recommended that a standard curve is generated for each assay carried out.
Standard Curve: 0, 4.688, 9.375, 18.75, 37.5, 75, 150, 300 pg/ml.
Sensitivity: 2.813 pg/ml
Range: 4.688 – 300 pg/ml
Application: Research Use Only.
– Specificity: Highly specific for Aβ1-42, no cross reactivity or interference between Aβ1-42 and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (85 – 98%), EDTA Plasma (88 – 100%), Heparin Plasma (86 – 98%).
– Linearity: Serum (82 – 98%), EDTA Plasma (80 – 104%), Heparin Plasma (82 – 95%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Dynamic effect of beta-amyloid 42 on cell mechanics. J Biomech. (2019) 86: 79-88. Gao Q., et al.
- The monomer state of beta-amyloid: where the Alzheimer’s disease protein meets physiology. Rev Neurosci. (2010) 21 (2): 83-93. Giuffrida M.L., et al.
- Contribution of syndecans to cellular internalization and fibrillation of amyloid-β(1-42). Sci Rep. (2019) 9 (1): 1393. Letoha T., et al.
- Amyloid β 1-42 induces hypometabolism in human stem cell-derived neuron and astrocyte networks. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. (2015) 35 (8): 1348-57. Tarczyluk M.A., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields