Rat/mouse amyloid beta (1-40) ELISA kit is designed for measuring quantitative levels of amyloid beta (Aβ, Abeta, beta-amyloid)(1-40) in rat or mouse serum, brain extract, cell culture supernatant and plasma samples. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.28 pg/ml.
Amyloid beta (which is commonly referred to as Aβ or Abeta) denotes peptides that are between 36-43 amino acids in length and are responsible in Alzheimer’s disease, since one of the main components (i.e. amyloid plaques) has been identified in the brains of Alzheimer patients. Aβ molecules can exist in many forms by aggregating to form flexible soluble oligomers. There have been several potential activities which have been identified for amyloid beta for example protection against oxidative stress, anti-microbial activity, activation of kinase enzymes, functioning as a transcription factor and regulation of cholesterol transport. Senile plaques have been discovered to contain both Aβ40 and Aβ42, whilst the vascular amyloid is identified to contain mainly the shorter Aβ40.
RAT/MOUSE AMYLOID BETA (1-40) ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiter Plate: Coated with anti-amyloid beta (35-40).
- Enzyme Conjugate (30x).
- Standard Contains: Mouse/Rat Aβ (1-40).
- Assay Buffer.
- Conjugate Buffer.
- TMB Substrate Solution.
- Stop Solution.
- Wash Buffer (40x).
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of beta-amyloid (1-40)(Aβ, Abeta) using current rat/mouse amyloid beta (1-40) ELISA kit was approximately 0.28 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 1.56 – 100.0 pg/ml.
– Rat, Mouse Amyloid Beta (1-40): ELISA
– Sensitivity: 0.28 pg/mL
– Specificity: Mouse/Rat Aβ (1-40)(100%) and Human Aβ (1-40)(0.8%)
– Intra Assay: 2.3 – 4.9%
– Inter Assay: 4.3 – 5.8%
- Co-injection of Aβ1-40 and ApoE4 impaired spatial memory and hippocampal long-term potentiation in rats. Neurosci Lett. (2017) 648: 47-52. Wu M., et al.
- Personalized medicine in Alzheimer’s disease and depression. Contemp Clin Trials. (2013) 36 (2): 616-23. Review. Souslova T., et al.
- Glial markers and emotional memory in rats following acute cerebral radiofrequency exposures. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. (2016) 23 (24): 25343-25355. Barthélémy A., et al.
- Nanotechnological strategies for nerve growth factor delivery: Therapeutic implications in Alzheimer’s disease. Pharmacol Res. (2017) 120: 68-87. Review. Faustino C., et al.
- Analysis of hippocampal gene expression profile of Alzheimer’s disease model rats using genome chip bioinformatics. Neural Regen Res. (2012) 7 (5): 332-40. Li Y., et al.
- Full Name: Amyloid Beta (1-40) ELISA Kit (Rat/Mouse)
- Reactivity: Rat, Mouse
- Sample Type: Brain Extract, Plasma, Cell Culture Supernatant, Serum
- Sensitivity: 0.28 pg/ml