Rat adiponectin ELISA kit can be used for determining quantitative amounts of adiponectin in rat serum or plasma samples. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of < 0.081 ng/ml.
Adiponectin (AdipoQ, Acrp30, apM1, GBP-28) functions as a hormone which is responsible for modulating a number of different processes such as glucose regulation and fatty acid oxidation. It is secreted into the bloodstream from adipose tissues and is regarded as one of the abundant proteins which is present in the plasma. Scientists have used rats and mice as model organisms to investigate basic research and to carry out a large number of pre-clinical studies. Also, they have used many different cell culture models and studies in human patients. Adiponectin is vital in suppressing metabolic derangements which can result in atherosclerosis, type 2 diabetes, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and obesity.
RAT ADIPONECTIN ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiter Plate: coated with anti-rat Adiponectin antibody.
- Standards A-F: Lyophilised, contain native rat adiponectin. Standard values are between 0.25, 0.75, 1.5, 3, 6.5 und 10 ng/ml.
- Control Serum KS1 & KS2.
- Dilution Buffer.
- Washing Buffer (20x).
- Stopping Solution.
- Sealing Tape (2x Adhesive).
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of adiponectin (rat) using current rat adiponectin ELISA kit was approximately 0.081 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.25 – 10.0 ng/ml.
– Rat Adiponectin: ELISA
– Analytical Sensitivity: 0.081 ng/mL.
– Inter Assay Variability: 1.62 – 11.23 µg/mL (mean).
– Intra Assay Variability: 5.709 – 12.702 µg/mL (mean).
- Changes in adiponectin expression in acute myocardial infarction rats and the significance of bisoprolol intervention. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. (2011) 89 (2): 109-15. Zhang S., et al.
- Effects of fasting and refeeding on serum leptin, adiponectin and free fatty acid concentrations in young and old male rats. Gerontology. (2005) 51 (6): 357-62. Kmiec Z., et al.
- Protective role of adiponectin in a rat model of intestinal ischemia reperfusion injury. World J Gastroenterol. (2015) 21 (47): 13250-8. Liu X.H., et al.
- Adiponectin is associated with serum and adipose tissue fatty acid composition in rats. J Endocrinol Invest. (2009) 32 (8): 659-65. Pérez de Heredia F., et al.
- Possible implications of leptin, adiponectin and ghrelin in the regulation of energy homeostasis by thyroid hormone. Endocrine. (2007) 32 (1): 30-2. Kokkinos A., et al.
- Full Name: Adiponectin ELISA Kit (Rat)
- Reactivity: Rat
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: < 0.081 ng/ml