- Created on the 29 August, 2018.
Rat/mouse progesterone ELISA kit is designed to quantitatively detect concentrations of progesterone using rat and mouse plasma or serum samples. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.04 ng/ml.
Progesterone which is also known as 4-pregnene-3, 20-dione is a C21 steroid hormone which consists of a double bond between C-4 and C-5, it also contains a keto group at the C-3 position. It is a female sex hormone which play a critical role during ovulation, fertility and menopause. One of progesterone main function is to prepare the endometrium for implanting the blastocytes and for maintaining pregnancy. In vivo studies have indicated that it can act as an anti-glucocorticoid in the adipose tissues of rats, also it has been found to affect adipose metabolism if this process is attenuated. Progesterone alone has been demonstrated to be a vital agent for managing postmenopausal osteoporosis. Finally, in female rodents, measurement of progesterone is regarded as a crucial maker to evaluate and monitor the reproductive functions and pregnancy.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of mouse or rat progesterone using current rat/mouse progesterone ELISA kit is 0.04 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.4 – 100.0 ng/ml.
- Progesterone attenuates hemorrhagic transformation after delayed tPA treatment in an experimental model of stroke in rats: involvement of the VEGF-MMP pathway. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. (2014) 34 (1): 72-80. Won S., et al.
- Progesterone binding in the mouse and rat uterus. Endocrinology. (1972) 91 (3): 738-46. Feil P.D., et al.
- Distribution of membrane progesterone receptor alpha in the male mouse and rat brain and its regulation after traumatic brain injury. Neuroscience. (2013) 231: 111-24. Meffre D., et al.
- Rethinking progesterone regulation of female reproductive cyclicity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. (2016) 113 (15): 4212-7. Kubota K., et al.
- Metabolism of progesterone in mouse brain. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. (1994) 50 (3-4): 213-7. Carey M.P., et al.
- Full Name: Progesterone ELISA Kit (Rat/Mouse)
- Reactivity: Rat, Mouse
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 0.04 ng/ml