- Created on the 3 May, 2017.
Human P-selectin ELISA kit is a protocol for measuring in vitro quantitative concentrations of p-selectin (GMP-140, CD62P, PADGEM) in human cell lysates, plasma, serum, other biological fluids and cell culture supernatant. This P-selectin ELISA kit has a minimum sensitivity limit of 0.22 ng/ml.
P-selectin which can be also called granule membrane protein 124 (GMP-140), CD62P and platelet activation-dependent granule to external membrane protein (PADGEM) is one of the largest selectins known, having a molecular mass of 140 kDa, containing nine consensus repeats and it extends from the endothelial surface. One of its essential role is in the initial recruitment and aggregation of platelets to areas which have experienced vascular injury.
P-selectin functions as a predominate cell adhesion molecule that is present on the surfaces of activated endothelial cells, activated platelets and line the inner surface of blood vessels. It is found to be translocated to the plasma membrane of endothelial cells in response to inflammatory cytokines such as IL-4 or IL-13. One of the primary ligand is P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1 (PSGL-1) and this is known to be highly expressed in all leukocyte cells. It also has a functional role in metastasis of tumors that is very similar to E-selectin, where it has the ability to aid cancer cells to invade into the bloodstream in order for metastasis and provide multiple growth factors locally. It essentially stored in secretory granules and can be expressed at the plasma membrane following cell activation. P-selectin ELISA kit is ideal for many types of diagnostic applications.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of CD62P, PADGEM or GMP-140 using current human P-selectin ELISA kit was 0.22 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this CD62P ELISA assay is 0.5 – 200 ng/ml.
- Selectins: initiators of leucocyte adhesion and signalling at the vascular wall. Cardiovasc Res. (2015) 107 (3): 331-9. Review. McEver R.P.
- Cellular adhesion and the endothelium: P-selectin. Hematol Oncol Clin North Am. (2014) 28 (2): 323-39. Review. Kutlar A. and Embury S.H.
- Platelets, selectins, and the control of tumor metastasis. Semin Oncol. (2014) 41 (3): 422-34. Review. Coupland L.A. and Parish C.R.
- A journey with platelet P-selectin: the molecular basis of granule secretion, signalling and cell adhesion. Thromb Haemost. (2001) 86 (1): 214-21. Review. Furie B., et al.
- Selectins–potential pharmacological targets? Drug Discov Today. (2006) 11 (21-22): 1034-40. Review. Kneuer C., et al.
- Full Name: P-Selectin (CD62P) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma, Cell Culture Supernatant, Cell Lysates, Other Biological Fluids
- Sensitivity: 0.22 ng/ml