- Created on the 12 July, 2017.
Human Bordetella pertussis IgG ELISA kit is a procedure for measuring in-vitro quantitative levels of human IgG antibodies to Bordetella pertussis using either plasma or serum samples. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 0.98 U/ml.
Bordetella pertussis is a causative agent of whooping cough and humans are its only host. It is found to reside in the bronchi and the trachea (upper air pathways) and the pathogen can be also transmitted from one individual to another through droplets of respiratory secretions (coughing or sneezing into the air). Some of the symptoms of pertussis can be described as those of a common cold for example low-grade fever, sneezing, runny nose and mild cough. In medicine, many vaccines that have been developed use Bordetella pertussis in order to combat a number of deadly childhood diseases (such as whooping cough).
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgG antibodies to Bordetella pertussis using current human Bordetella pertussis IgG ELISA kit was 0.98 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 1.0 – 150.0 IU/ml.
- Serum immunoglobulin G analysis to establish a delayed diagnosis of chronic cough due to Bordetella pertussis. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. (2012) 146 (1): 63-7. Bock J.M., et al.
- Age-related differences in patterns of increased Bordetella pertussis antibodies. Clin Vaccine Immunol. (2012) 19 (4): 545-50. Prince H.E., et al.
- Antibody levels to Bordetella pertussis and Neisseria meningitidis in immunodeficient patients receiving immunoglobulin replacement therapy. J Clin Immunol. (2015) 35 (2): 213-7. Adam E. and Church J.A.
- Different IgG-subclass distributions after whole-cell and acellular pertussis infant primary vaccinations in healthy and pertussis infected children. Vaccine. (2011) 29 (40): 6874-80. Hendrikx L.H., et al.
- Does working in hospital increases seroprevalence and carrier state against Bordetella pertussis? Adv Biomed Res. (2015) 4: 194. Naeini A.E., et al.
- Full Name: Bordetella Pertussis IgG ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 0.98 U/ml