Human VCAM-1 ELISA kit that is designed for detecting in vitro quantitative levels of vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (VCAM1, CD106, VCAM-1) in human serum, biological fluids, tissue homogenates and plasma. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 0.094 ng/ml.
VCAM-1 is also known as CD106, having a main function as a cell adhesion molecule. The protein has a major role in mediating adhesion of monocytes, lymphocytes, basophils, eosinophils and vascular endothelium cells. Some of VACAM-1 other functions include signal transduction of leukocyte-endothelial cells and a facilitating the development of rheumatoid arthritis and atherosclerosis.
The expression of vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 has also been identified in a number of other cell types such as smooth muscle cells. Increased expression of VCAM1 has been found to be linked to a variety of chronic inflammatory conditions, this makes this molecule an ideal target for intervention. There are some melanoma cells which are able to use VCAM-1 in order to adhere to the endothelium, it has also be found to participate in the recruitment of monocyte to a number of atherosclerotic sites.
VCAM-1 gene consists of 6-7 immunoglobulin domains which can be expressed on both large and small blood vessels following cytokine stimulation of endothelial cells. The gene product is a type I membrane protein (cell surface sialoglycoprotein), a member of the Ig superfamily. Presently, in humans two RNA transcripts which encode different isoforms (alternatively spliced) have been identified.
VCAM-1 ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti VCAM-1 antibody.
- Standards: Concentrations 0, 0.156, 0.312, 0.625, 1.25, 2.5, 5.0, 10.0 ng/ml, made up from lyophilized recombinant human vascular cell adhesion molecule-1.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled VCAM-1 Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (VCAM-1, CD106, VCAM1) using current human VCAM-1 ELISA kit was 0.094 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.156 – 10 ng/ml.
– Vascular Cell Adhesion Molecule-1 (VCAM-1): ELISA
– Specificity: Highly specific for VCAM-1, no cross reactivity or interference between VCAM-1 and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (92 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (89 – 94%), Heparin Plasma (94 – 105%).
– Linearity: Serum (85 – 101%), EDTA Plasma (82 – 101%), Heparin Plasma (93 – 98%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Emerging properties of adhesion complexes: what are they and what do they do? Trends Cell Biol. (2015) 25 (7): 388-97. Review. Humphries J.D., et al.
- Biomarkers in Rheumatoid Arthritis, what is new? J Med Life. (2016) 9 (2): 144-8. Review. Gavrilă B.I., et al.
- Cellular adhesion molecules on vascular smooth muscle cells. Cardiovasc Res. (1999) 41 (2): 395-401. Review. Braun M., et al.
- Full Name: Vascular Cell Adhesion Molecule-1 (VCAM-1) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Tissue Homogenates, Serum, Plasma, Other Biological Fluids
- Sensitivity: 0.094 ng/ml