Human VCAM-1 ELISA kit that is designed for detecting in vitro quantitative levels of vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (VCAM1, CD106, VCAM-1) in human serum, biological fluids, tissue homogenates and plasma. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 0.094 ng/ml.
VCAM-1 is also known as CD106, having a main function as a cell adhesion molecule. Increased expression is linked to a variety of chronic inflammatory conditions. This makes this molecule an ideal target for intervention. There are some melanoma cells which are able to use it in order to adhere to the endothelium, it has also be found to participate in the recruitment of monocyte to a number of atherosclerotic sites.
VCAM-1 gene consists of 6-7 immunoglobulin domains which can be expressed on both large and small blood vessels following cytokine stimulation of endothelial cells. The gene product is a type I membrane protein (cell surface sialoglycoprotein), a member of the Ig superfamily. Presently, in humans two RNA transcripts which encode different isoforms (alternatively spliced) have been identified.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti VCAM-1 antibody.
- Standards: Concentrations 0, 0.156, 0.312, 0.625, 1.25, 2.5, 5.0, 10.0 ng/ml, made up from lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-Labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (VCAM-1, CD106, VCAM1) using current VCAM-1 ELISA kit was 0.094 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.156 – 10 ng/ml.
– Specificity: Highly specific for VCAM-1, no cross reactivity or interference between VCAM-1 and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (92 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (89 – 94%), Heparin Plasma (94 – 105%).
– Linearity: Serum (85 – 101%), EDTA Plasma (82 – 101%), Heparin Plasma (93 – 98%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Emerging properties of adhesion complexes: what are they and what do they do? Trends Cell Biol. (2015) 25 (7): 388-97. Review. Humphries J.D., et al.
- Biomarkers in Rheumatoid Arthritis, what is new? J Med Life. (2016) 9 (2): 144-8. Review. Gavrilă B.I., et al.
- Cellular adhesion molecules on vascular smooth muscle cells. Cardiovasc Res. (1999) 41 (2): 395-401. Review. Braun M., et al.
- Full Name: VCAM-1 ELISA Kit (Vascular Cell Adhesion Molecule-1)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Tissue Homogenates, Serum, Plasma, Other Biological Fluids
- Sensitivity: 0.094 ng/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields