Human sVCAM-1 ELISA kit is a procedure for analysing in vitro quantitative concentrations of soluble vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (sVCAM1, CD106, sVCAM-1) in human cell culture supernatant, serum, biological fluids, cell lysates and plasma. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 0.05 ng/ml.
Vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (VCAM-1 or CD106) is a 90-kDa transmembrane glycoprotein which is made of six or seven immunoglobulin domains. One of its main roles is to mediate the adhesion process of the immune cells to vascular endothelium cells during inflammation. VCAM-1 protein is important for mediating adhesion of the following cells vascular endothelium, lymphocytes, eosinophils and basophils.
Some other functions which it can also carry out include facilitating the development of atherosclerosis or rheumatoid arthritis and promoting signal transduction of leukocyte-endothelial cells. A soluble form VCAM-1 (sVCAM-1) can promote monocyte chemotaxis.
The following sVCAM-1 ELISA kit is ideal for use in many different types of diagnostic applications. Soluble forms of VCAM-1 (sVCAM-1) are likely products that can be derived from a number of different sources such as enzymatic cleavage from tumor, endothelial and leukocyte cell surfaces. Also, elevated serum levels of sVCAM-1 have been recently linked with disease progression in patients with leukemia, colorectal, renal, gastric prostate, bladder and ovarian cancers.
The sVCAM-1 functions as a competitive inhibitor and also a chemoattractant via the interaction with alpha4 integrins. This sVCAM-1 ELISA kit offers minimum sensitivity levels of 0.05 ng/ml and can be used to measure human biological fluids, cell lysates, serum, plasma and cell culture supernatant samples.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of soluble vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (sVCAM-1, CD106, sVCAM1) using current human sVCAM-1 ELISA kit was 0.05 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.1 – 30 ng/ml.
- Soluble adhesion molecules in pediatric rheumatic diseases. J Rheumatol. (2002) 29 (4): 832-6. Bloom B.J., et al.
- Circulating serum sVCAM-1 concentration in advanced ovarian cancer patients: correlation with concentration in ascites. Radiol Oncol. (2014) 48 (3): 307-13. Jakimovska M., et al.
- Predictive value of sICAM-1 and sVCAM-1 as biomarkers of affective temperaments in healthy young adults. J Affect Disord. (2017) 207: 47-52. Ivković M., et al.
- Adhesion molecules and atherosclerosis. Atherosclerosis. (2003) 170 (2): 191-203. Review. Blankenberg S., et al.
- Cell adhesion molecules: potential therapeutic diagnostic implications. Mol Biotechnol. (2008) 38 (1): 33-40. Review. Mousa S.A.
- Full Name: Soluble Vascular Cell Adhesion Molecule-1 (sVCAM-1) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma, Cell Lysates, Cell Culture Supernatant, Other Biological Fluids
- Sensitivity: 0.05 ng/ml