Rat TSH ELISA kit is intended for analysing quantitative amounts of thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH, thyrotropin) present in rat serum. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.1 ng/ml.
Thyroid stimulating hormone which can also be referred to as TSH or thyrotropin, plays a vital role in regulating the normal circulating levels of iodothyronines (T3 and T4). This is possible by controlling the production and secretion of TSH either by a negative feedback mechanism from the circulating levels of T3 and T4 or by the hypothalamic thyrotropin-releasing hormone (TRH). The mechanism process for controlling thyroid function in rats is found to be identical to that of humans and many other mammalian species. Due to the identical similarity between human and rat thyroid physiology, this makes the use of rats as an ideal model when evaluating the effects of new drugs on thyrometabolic status.
RAT TSH ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiter Plate: Coated with a monoclonal anti-rat TSH antibody.
- Master Calibrator (80 ng, Lyophilized): Reconstituted to calibrators A-G with concentrations of 0, 2.5, 5, 10, 20, 40, 80ng/ml.
- Enzyme Conjugate.
- TMB Substrate Solution.
- Stop Solution.
- Wash Solution (10x Concentrated).
- Calibrator/Sample Diluent.
- Adhesive Cover.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of thyroid stimulating hormone (thyrotropin) using current rat TSH ELISA kit is 0.1 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 2.5 – 80.0 ng/ml.
– Rat Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH): ELISA
– Analytical Sensitivity: 0.081 ng/ml
– Specificity (Cross Reaction): Rat TSH (100%), Rat LH (1.6 – 2.8%), Rat FSH (0.3%).
– Intra – Assay: 1.8 – 3.4%
– Inter – Assay: 4.6 – 8.8%
– Linearity: 111.0 – 123.0%
- Effect of endogenous TSH on the in vitro responsiveness and binding of TSH in rat thyroid tissue. Endocr Res Commun. (1980) 7 (4): 205-19. Holmes S.D. and Field J.B.
- TSH binding proteins in rat and human serum. Acta Endocrinol (Copenh). (1987) 115 (4): 497-506. Spira O., et al.
- Discordant effects of thyrotropin (TSH)-releasing hormone on pre- and posttranslational regulation of TSH biosynthesis in rat pituitary. Endocrinology. (1986) 119 (1): 343-8. Lippman S.S., et al.
- Neurotensin regulation of TSH secretion in the rat. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. (1983) 113 (1): 248-54. Sheppard M.C., et al.
- Plasma and pituitary thyrotrophin (TSH) in severe and prolonged hypothyroidism, as studied in the rat. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). (1977) 6 (1): 49-56. Cacicedo L., et al.
- Rapid proliferative response of rat thyroid gland to a single injection of TSH in vivo. J Endocrinol. (1989) 121 (1): 27-30. Bybee A. and Tuffery A.R.
- Full Name: TSH ELISA Kit (Rat)
- Reactivity: Rat
- Sample Type: Serum
- Sensitivity: 0.1 ng/ml