Human thyroglobulin ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring hTG (human thyroglobulin) in serum or plasma. The lowest sensitivity detection limit of this assay is 1.0 ng/ml.
Human thyroglobulin (hTG) is a multiple glycosylated, water soluble iodoprotein that has a molecular weight of approx. 660,000 Daltons shared by two identical subunits. It is synthesised in the thyrocytes of the thyroid gland and then later secreted into the lumen of the thyroid follicles, which eventually becomes the precursors of the T3 and T4 thyroid hormones. The circulating levels of hTG are found to be increased in several thyroid disorders such as differentiated thyroid carcinoma, non-toxic goiter, thyroiditis and hyperthyroidism.
A main application for the human thyroglobulin determination is the post-surgical monitoring of patients with differentiated thyroid carcinoma. Also, its measurement is a special prognostic value to Graves disease patients who are undergoing therapy. The circulating human thyroglobulin can act as a good indicator of recurrent tumors (in particular metastasis marker), it can also be used to confirm already established clinical values, for example the increase of thyroglobulinaemia is a good indicator that further analysis is needed in order to confirm the diagnosis.
THYROGLOBULIN ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Divisible Microplate: Wells specific anti-human-thyroglobulin antibodies bound.
- Calibrator A-F: Concentrations 0, 3, 10, 30, 10, 300 ng/ml.
- Positive Control
- Negative Control.
- Recovery Buffer.
- Sample Buffer.
- Enzyme Conjugate: Anti-human thyroglobulin antibodies, HRP labelled.
- TMB Substrate.
- Stop Solution.
- Wash Buffer (50x Conc.).
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of human thyroglobulin (hTG) using current hTG ELISA kit is 1.0 ng/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 3.0-300.0 ng/ml.
– Human Thyroglobulin (hTG): ELISA
– Measuring Range: 0 – 300 ng/ml
– Expected Values: Cut-off 2 – 50 ng/ml
– Linearity: 92 – 105%
– Functional Sensitivity: Limit of detection was determined to be 1 ng/ml
– Intra-Assay Precision: 1.9 – 3.2%
– Inter-Assay Precision: 1.1 – 1.7%
– Interfering Substances: No interference has been observed with haemolytic (up to 1000 mg/dl) or lipemic (up to 3 g/dl triglycerides) sera or plasma, or bilirubin (up to 40 mg/dl) containing sera or plasma.
- Serum thyroglobulin changes in patients with Graves` disease treated with long term antithyroid drug therapy. J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. (1983) 56: 507 – 512. Kawamura, S. et al.
- Low serum thyroglobulin as a clue to the diagnosis of thyrotoxicosis factitia. New Engl. J. Med. (1982) 307: 410 – 412. Mariotti, S. et al.
- An enzyme linked immunosorbent assay for measurement of human serum thyroglobulin. Evaluation of the influence of thyroglobulin autoantibodies. Scand. J. Lab. Invest. (1985) 45: 471 – 476. Kastrup, J. et al.
- Serum thyroglobulin (Tg) in presence of thyroglobulin autoantibodies (TgAb). Clinical and methodological relevance of the interaction between Tg and TgAb in vitro and in vivo. J. Endocrinol. Invest. (1985) 8: 571 – 576. Feldt-Rasmussen, U. et al.
- Full Name: Thyroglobulin ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.0 ng/ml