Full Name: Trichinella Spiralis IgG ELISA Kit
Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
Sensitivity: Diagn. 100.0%.
Trichinella spiralis (also referred to as pork worm) is a nematode parasite which can be found in pigs, horses, rodents, bears and in humans and they are responsible for causing trichinosis disease. Four other species have also been recognised (T. britovi, T. pseudospiralis, T. native and T. nelsoni) that are found worldwide in a large number of omnivorous and carnivorous animals. Trichinella species is the smallest parasite that can be found in humans and it is known to display an unusual lifecycle.
The small adult worms are able to mature in the small intestine of the host, each female adult produced many batches of larvae that are able to bore through the intestinal wall before entering the blood stream and the lympahatic system in order to be transported to the striated muscles. Once they have reached the muscle, they become enclosed in a capsule (known as encyst). Humans can be infected by trichinella spiralis through eating infected pork, horsemeat and other carnivores (such as cat, fox and bear). The Infection may be detected using methods such as Microscopy, muscle biopsy and Serology (detect antibodies using ELISA assays).
Human trichinella spiralis IgG ELISA kit is designed for measuring in-vitro concentrations of human IgG antibodies against trichinella spiralis (trichinella-IgG) using samples of plasma and serum. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of diagn. 100.0%.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Trichinella Spiralis Coated Microplate (IgG).
- Sample Diluent.
- Stop Solution.
- Washing Buffer (20x Conc.).
- Trichinella Spiralis Protein A Conjugate.
- TMB Substrate Solution.
- Negative Control (Calibrator A).
- Cut-Off Control (Calibrator B).
- Positive Control (Calibrator C).
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human IgG against trichinella spiralis (trichinella IgG) using this trichinella IgG ELISA kit was diagn. 100.0%. The dynamic assay range for this kit is to a specific cut-off point.
– Negative: < 9 U
– Cut-Off: 10 U
– Equivocal: 9 – 11 U
– Positive: > 11 U
– Diagnostic Specificity: 94.81%
– Diagnostic Sensitivity: 100.0%
– Interferences Substances: No Interferences observed up to a concentration of 10 mg/ml hemoglobin, 5 mg/ml triglycerides and 0.5 mg/ml bilirubin.
– Cross Reactivity: No significant evidence of false-positive results due to cross-reactions.
- Evaluation of a Western Blot and ELISA for the detection of anti-Trichinella-IgG in pig sera. Vet Parasitol. (2009) 163 (4): 341-7. Nöckler K., et al.
- The sequential appearance of IgG subclasses and IgE during the course of Trichinella spiralis infection. Clin Exp Immunol. (1988) 74 (2): 230-5. Ljungström I., et al.
- Partial characterization of serine proteinases secreted by adult Trichinella spiralis. Parasitol Res. (2000) 86 (8): 684-7. Todorova V.K. and Stoyanov D.I.
- Evaluation of ELISA and Western Blot Analysis using three antigens to detect anti-Trichinella IgG in horses. Vet Parasitol. (2002) 108 (2): 163-78. Pozio E., et al.
- Comparison of human trichinellosis caused by Trichinella spiralisand by Trichinella britovi. Am J Trop Med Hyg. (1993) 48 (4): 568-75. Pozio E., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields