Full Name: TNFSF11/RANKL ELISA Kit
Sample Type: Serum, Plasma, Biological Fluids, Tissue Homogenates
Sensitivity: 46.875 pg/ml
RANKL or TNFSF11 is a protein that is made by the TNFSF11 gene in humans. It is also known as tumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 11. This gene codes for a member of the TNF cytokine family, which is an attractant for osteoprotegerin. TNFSF11 is essential in the differentiation and activation of osteoclasts. Chromosome 13q14.11 has been identified as the location for this gene. In humans, RANKL is found in the cell membranes of osteoclasts, though not in other cells of the body. It binds to the receptor OPG and stimulates production of osteoclast-produced molecules such as OPLL, which both stimulate bone resorption by osteoclasts and downregulate immune responses from macrophages that destroy the bone that is being resorbed. TNFSF11also increases expression of MMP2, which causes degradation of cartilage matrix proteins such as aggrecan, leading to osteoarthritis.
The structure of RANKL was determined in 2002 using x-ray crystallography and NMR spectroscopy techniques. Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is caused by a lack of the receptor RANK. Other inflammatory agents that trigger the immune system can lead to persistent inflammation that can harm bone and cartilage. Without RANKL, this process is much less likely to happen, which helps prevent arthritis from worsening.
Human TNFSF11/RANKL ELISA kit is designed to be used for analysing levels of tumor necrosis factor ligand super family member 11 (TNFSF11, RANKL, CD254, ODF, OPGL, RANK L) in human plasma, serum, biological fluids and tissue homogenates samples.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with RANKL
- Standards: Lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
For the following TNFSF11/RANKL ELISA kit it is recommended that a standard curve is generated for each assay carried out.
Standard Curve: 0, 78.125, 156.25, 312.5, 625, 1250, 2500, 5000 pg/ml.
Sensitivity: 46.875 pg/ml
Range: 78.125 – 5000 pg/ml
Application: Research Use Only
– Specificity: Highly specific for TNFSF11/RANKL, no cross reactivity or interference between TNFSF11/RANKL and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (85 – 99%), EDTA Plasma (90 – 104%), Heparin Plasma (86 – 96%).
– Linearity: Serum (86 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (91 – 101%), Heparin Plasma (82 – 94%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Autophagy in osteoblasts is involved in mineralization and bone homeostasis. (2014) 10 (11): 1965-77. Nollet M, et al.
- Indications for a genetic association of a VCP polymorphism with the pathogenesis of sporadic Paget’s disease of bone, but not for TNFSF11 (RANKL) and IL-6 polymorphisms. Mol Genet Metab. (2011) 103 (3): 287-92. Chung P.Y., et al.
- Expression of bone resorption genes in osteoarthritis and in osteoporosis. J Bone Miner Metab. (2007) 25 (4): 219-25. Logar D.B., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields