Full Name: TIMP-1 ELISA Kit (Tissue Inhibitor Metalloproteinases-1)
Sample Type: Tissue Homogenates, Cell Supernatant, Serum, Plasma, Biological Fluids
Sensitivity: 18.75 pg/ml
TIMP-1 is part of four proteins known as the tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases (TIMP) family. It has varied biological roles and is especially effective in blocking MMPs which belong to the membrane-type subfamily. It can control the activities of most MMPs except this specific family. It has been linked with reducing the activity of matrix metalloproteinases and additionally, which can cause cell proliferation and survival in many cells. TIMP-1 has a protein domain known as SH3 that is found in other members of the TIMP family. Its action is to anchor outside the cell membrane.
TIMP-1 is generally higher in diseases like systemic sclerosis, ALS, renal disease and cancers. A balanced ratio of TIMPs/MMPs is essential for the normal functioning of extracellular matrix. Any imbalance in this ratio can lead to a variety of diseases in different organs. Imbalance between the MMPs and TIMPs is present in numerous pathological conditions and affects all the family members of these two groups. Many drugs are known to inhibit TIMPs and increase MMPs. For instance, TNF-α and IL-1 are proinflammatory cytokines that promote synthesis of MMPs whereas zinc is a potent inhibitor of TIMP-1 expression.
Human TIMP-1 ELISA kit is intended for determining amounts of tissue inhibitor metalloproteinases-1 (TIMP-1) in human serum, cell supernatant, plasma, tissue homogenates and other biological fluids.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtitre Strips (96 Wells): Coated with mouse monoclonal antibody against human TIMP-1.
- 10x Wash Buffer.
- 5x Assay Buffer.
- 100x Detection Antibody Buffer: Labelled biotin polyclonal antibody.
- Standard: Recombinant lyophilized.
- 200x STP-HRP Solution.
- Substrate Solution.
- Stop Solution.
For the following TIMP-1 ELISA kit it is recommended that a standard curve is generated for each assay carried out.
Standard Curve: 0, 31.2, 62.5, 125, 250, 500, 1000, 2000 pg/ml.
Sensitivity: 18.75 pg/ml
Range: 31.25 – 2000 ng/ml
Application: Research Use Only.
– Specificity: Highly specific for TIMP-1, no cross reactivity or interference between TIMP-1 and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (85 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (92 – 105%), Heparin Plasma (89 – 103%).
– Linearity: Serum (88 – 99%), EDTA Plasma (91 – 98%), Heparin Plasma (86 – 99%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Is TIMP-1 a biomarker for periodontal disease? A systematic review and meta-analysis. J Periodontal Res. (2022) 57 (2): 235-245. de Brouwer P., et al.
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase (TIMP)-1: the TIMPed balance of matrix metalloproteinases in the central nervous system. J Neurosci Res. (2003) 74 (6): 801-6. Gardner J. and Ghorpade A.
- Serum TIMP1 and TIMP2 concentration in patients with different grades of meningioma. Clin Neurol Neurosurg. (2018) 170: 84-87. Mashayekhi F, et al.
- Overexpression of TIMP-1 and Sensitivity to Topoisomerase Inhibitors in Glioblastoma Cell Lines. Pathol Oncol Res. (2019) 25 (1): 59-69. Aaberg-Jessen C., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields